Blog Archive

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Celebrating Easter on the Farm Mantel


Creating an Easter mantel for the family room was quite a challenge this year.    I recently hung a big picture with a herd of cows in it over the mantel     I didn't want to take it down.....so,   the question was....how can I include it in my Easter decor for the mantel.


How could I create an Easter mantel with soooo much black and white just slapping you in the face????     Well....rather than try to play it down,   I decided to embrace it and use even more black and white ....lol!


What's cuter than a black and white bunny / cow? 


A pig with bunny ears is a close second to the bunny / cow don't you think?



The garland that I hung on the mantel has traditional  spring colored fabric eggs and carrots.....and of course I threw in a few black and white eggs too 



I made some eggs using a soft floral fabric and  a black and white checked fabric to add even more of my non traditional Easter color.



I really had to let my imagination run wild to finish decorating the mantel ......




I framed a sweet Easter dog napkin in a tobacco basket and set a cowhide ceramic chicken egg to the side of it.


I found this Happy Easter print on Pinterest and customized it by gluing some bunny ears to the cows and changing the tulips to cowhide eggs


I did pretty much the same thing on the other end of the mantel.....





I made a trip to the local garden center over the week end.....I am so ready to have some live plants in the house aren't you?   I haven't potted them yet,   but I thought the plastic black pots they came in fit in ok with my black and white Easter decor 


I decorated the table on each side of the fireplace very simply.....




Even though my Easter mantel this year was way out of my comfort zone.....I had so much fun creating it!    Hope you enjoyed it.....hugs

 




6 comments:

  1. Love it! You are so creative Penny. Always get inspired seeing your posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black and white it pops everything around it, but adding the bunny ears was genius. Hippity Hop.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cow painting above the mantel. Penny, your whimsical bunny ears on the cows in the room made me smile. Add a touch of whimsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the cow picture! Congrats, this was the most clicked at the FWF link party.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    I always love how you are able to make what you love fit in with every Holiday and Season!! Such creativity!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!