Blog Archive

Friday, March 11, 2022

Simple Green & White Easter Decor, White Snow, & Green..House




I was working on this post yesterday and got side tracked and didn't finish it.



We woke up to snow this morning,  so when I got around to finishing my post I decided it would go in a different direction than I had planned yesterday.   In addition to the Simple Green & White Easter decor I had in my original post..... I added pictures that I took of the White snow this morning and some I took last May of the GREEN house.    


First I want to share the buffet decorated for Easter in Green and White.   
Our formal dining room is pretty big....like 14 X 25 ......and when I decorate with a lot of different colors it starts looking too busy to me.    So,  I try to use the classic 60-30-10 rule.   60 % primary color,   30% secondary color,   and 10% accent color. 


   


I am using white as my primary color...... 


I have white tulips in a white ceramic pitcher.....


White fabric carrots in a vintage Mason jar.....white bunny butter dish.....and the 30% green is coming into play.    


My 10% accent color is my favorite color....PINK.    I image you are thinking that there isn't much pink being used yet,  but wait until I reveal the entire room in an upcoming post.



White carrots have been hard for me to find this season,   so just for info ....not promoting....the big chenille fabric carrots came from TJ Maxx and the smaller ones came from Hobby Lobby.

 
When you start adding in your 30% color....think of it this way.    You will use half as much of it as you did your 60% color



  
I know,  I know,   still not seeing much pink yet.     Wait until I reveal the whole room in an upcoming post.
 


 
We don't get much snow here in Eastern New Mexico so it's a big deal when we get even a covering!   My chicken was so thrilled she fell over.......lol!


I took this photo of the Green house last May and I can't wait until the grass is green again and the weather is warm for good......


Here's a little peek inside the greenhouse......good times.....

I always enjoy your visits so much....come back anytime,,,,you're always welcome!








 

8 comments:

  1. I love the green and white pallette, those tulips are stunning
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little bunnies and carrots are so cute, Penny. You have the best stuff. I can't wait to see the greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny! Oh, I just love everything you do and your Eastery/Springy is so lovely. As pretty as the snow is, I'll pass! We got a little last year and our power went out for days and we almost froze to death! Hubby bought a generator after that! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I would love it if you would share it on the Fabulous Friday Link Party this Friday, and every Friday after that. You can find the link on my website. Hugs and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling scene, perfect for spring. Love the bunnies and carrots. Wow, look at your snow, makes me cold. I am happy to feature your sweet vignette at Love Your Creativity. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cute chenille carrots and soothing color palette, and your mantel looks lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite decor items you use in Easter decor is the papier-mâché cabbage. But there are so many wonderful things to gaze upon. I do like the snow, its nice for a day of two.
    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    I love the buffet! It looks so serene and tranquil!! Beautiful!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!