Blog Archive

Monday, March 14, 2022

Easter Entry


I've shared bits and pieces of my Easter entry over the last few days and have put off trying to photograph the whole entry until the last thing.     The entry has very little natural light...only what comes in thru the front door.    And to complicate matters even more,    it is narrow and hard to get far enough away from the walls to get a very good pic.   I've even went so far as to stand in the coat closet to get more distance between the camera and the wall....lol!      



Plus to make it even more difficult to photograph the entry ,   the west wall is covered almost entirely with a big mirror.     I've found the easiest way to do it is to photograph what is reflecting on the opposite wall....instead of me! 


Soooo,   let's take a look at this area of the entry.     
One of the best things I ever did was hang a old foot board on the wall to hang my decor on.    It's so much easier to repair nail holes in the foot board than it is to repair nail holes in the wallpapered  wall.   Since I change the wall decor out with the seasons and holidays there would be a gazillion holes in the wall if I didn't have the foot board there to hang my stuff on.   

For Easter,   I hung a metal Carrot Patch sign on the foot board and then strung a carrot Bunny garland under it.     A few Easter things on the bench and a big container of Cherry Blossoms complete my Easter decor on this wall in the entry.     


This big mirror is really a pain to photograph around,   but I love all the additional light it brings into the entry.    Sometimes I hang a wreath in the center of the mirror but most of the time I just let it reflect all the decor on the walls across from it.



I shared a post earlier with all the details on this sweet Easter vignette....if you happen to have missed that post,  here's a link to it.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/03/bunnies-bluebonnets.html#more


Aside from the no natural light in the entry......along with it being so narrow.....another obstacle is the fact that there are 4 openings into it....


There is an opening into the kitchen and the hallway to the bedrooms comes into the entry.....


There are double doors that go into the formal dining room.....

  
And last but not least,   the front door.....and let's not forget the door on the  coat closet that I sometimes get into to take pictures!   

 Would I change a thing????  Absolutely NOT......I love my entry and hope you do too!
























 

4 comments:

  1. I love your Easter-themed decor. The bunnies, carrots, flowers, and Easter eggs are so colorful and cheerful.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! I love it all, especially the bunny and carrot garland with the metal sign. Thanks so much for sharing on Crafty Creators!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the loveliest springtime entries I've seen, Penny! What a welcome you've created.

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Love that carrot garland and the carrot patch sign!! So pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!