Blog Archive

Sunday, March 20, 2022

The Rose Cottage is ready for Spring


I have been storing all my dried roses in the Greenhouse / She Shed for several years so I decided to rename it......Rose Cottage.


I made a new wreath for the door,   so it's officially now Rose Cottage....right?


I freshened up the cottage  by adding some spring bunnies .....new cushions & pillows.....and most of all a good cleaning!     The cottage isn't insulated so it qualifies more like an outdoor room and has to be cleaned regularly.


I tucked a little Rose Cottage sign into an existing floral basket ........


A sweet rose bunny family took up residency on a field of dried flowers.....


I printed off a Bunny print that I found on Pinterest and sat it in front of a plate that is now doing double duty as an easel....lol!


I created a vignette on the other side of the floral basket that has some of the same elements.


Easter Tea Party!


The cushions were getting pretty worn,   so I found pretty new pale green ones at At Home. 


I found my new pillow covers on Amazon.   They came in a set of 4 and I used 2 of them here and put the other 2 in the sunroom.


I didn't replace the curtains on the window this year so I kept the pillows that match them on the settees to kind of tie everything together.


Hello Spring!


The shutters are new to Rose Cottage.    They were left over from a recent project in the entry.  Here is a link to that post if you would like to see the Farmhouse shutters that replaced them.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/02/out-with-oldin-with-new-farmhouse.html 

On the shelves behind the shutters you can see a little bit of a vintage suitcase that is full of dried rose petals and a couple of baskets of dried roses  More dried stuff is on the floor under the shelf.....I really need to do some organizing behind those shutters! 


The wall across from here is pretty much taken up with the doors that open into the Rose Cottage.


 There is a little space on this side....


 
And a little space on the side of the other door....



Here's how the area looked before.   

 I kept the shelves empty so it didn't look so cluttered in the room.....


And After......

Now I am able to utilize the shelves as storage and the shutters help hide the clutter

The Rose Cottage is ready for spring.....and now it's time to take on a much bigger project!    The 
yard in front of the cottage......
 


This photo of the front of Rose Cottage was taken last year in late spring.....the roses aren't in bloom yet and I haven't picked up any hanging baskets yet.   

 I can't wait to get started!







9 comments:

  1. Love your cottage--my greenhouse is more like the Dirt house and will quickly be full of plants. I vow to do some decorating though this year in there, SOMEHOW! This is so gorgeous, I just want to visit and have some ice Tea in there with you!!!!!I bet it smells divine with all those roses. grins, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting via Between Naps on the Porch blog. I love the green cushion makeover-makes the pillows pop more. The shutter idea is great too. Do you sit out there? I would burn up without screens in the summer but it would be great in the winter. I would love a small building that had working storm windows but right now all I can afford is a tent to keep the mosquitoes and flies away. A few have managed to get in as I open and shut the door but a few are easier to kill than a swarm. At least I can sit in the cushioned chairs and enjoy the outdoors more after working all day in the garden. I have solar lights because I don't have an electrical outlet nearby. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that beautiful Rose Cottage. I love the green cushions. It is so cute and vintage.
    Keep up the great work.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rose Cottage is a perfect name for the "little" shed. It is adorable and I bet the grands love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny, Lovely, as usual! Do you have the Pinterest link or site that you found the adorable Bunny Tea Party printables, from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    WOW!! It looks absolutely stunning!! LOVE all of it!! I am so envious of all your little buildings!!! So charming!!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 'she shed' is adorable Penny with such a beautiful pop of spring decor. How uplifting it is sweetie.
    Thank you for sharing your rose cottage at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at the party tomorrow and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow What a wonderful cottage to regroup at the end of the day. I love all the colors you used. Very springy.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!