Blog Archive

Sunday, April 10, 2022

How I only Spent $2 at my First Yard Sale of the Season


I have been going to yard sales for years and have never got so much for so little money....EVER!   We stopped by a yard sale that was ending and they had a great deal going on....all you could fit in a sack for $1.  All the sacks were gone....so just as we were arriving,  they changed the deal to all you could get in a box,  tote,  or anything you could find.


I found a couple of baskets to put my stuff in and started shopping.   I have to admit,  the pickings looked bad at first glance.    But with the help of H and doing some real digging,   I found some great treasures..... 


I am a pretty good "packer" and I was truly amazed at how much stuff I was able to get into my baskets.


I have collected china butter dishes for a long time and found this jewel behind some boxes in front of a built in display shelf.    The sale was not only in the yard,  but also inside the house,   so you had plenty of hiding places to check out.    


I always have a place for a small piece of artwork to tuck into one of my vignettes.   I will probably end up painting the frame white on this one to make it fit in a little better.


I added 2 of the heaviest piece's of silver that I have ever seen to my ever growing silver collection.   I also collect tea pots and copper so this sweet tea pot filled both of those requirements!


I have quite a few pink Santa's but very few ones dressed in blue so I was thrilled to tuck this one into the bottom of one of my baskets.


This is how my baskets looked as I checked out at the sale.....


If there had been any linens left,   I probably would have been able to get a little more in this basket...lol!


And last but not least,   I can use the baskets for lots of projects in the future!
 

What a deal to start the Yard Sale season off with a bang!








 

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic !!! Great way to start the season!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! A really great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Penny you make me laugh because I would have done the same thing. Anything that would fit in those baskets would have come home with me. I really like the teapot with the copper cozy. I had someone ask me "are you a hoarder?" I still have plenty of room in my house and love what I find. Some people throw out everything. I love the way you use all of your beautiful things you love; your treasures. What is life without beauty and fun things, pretty dull in my book. Keep up the great work.
    I can't believe next weekend is Easter.
    Oh, I have to tell you about the goose encounter this morning before 7:30am. I had a doctor's appointment at 7:30am; can you belief a doctor starts that early? Well, on the wall that is around the clinic was this enormous goose sitting there. I thought it was fake at first. He raised up. I knew there had to be a mate somewhere. They like to nest in planters around medical offices for some reason. This is the 3rd location I have seen pairs this time of the year. Sure enough when I came out I could see mom setting on her eggs. You don't mess with the gander as he will bite. Funny way to start my Monday.
    Have a great day.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goose story started my day off with a good laugh remembering how my Grandad got bit by one of their geese when he was bend over in the yard. I'm sure it wasn't too funny at the time, but we had a lot of laughs talking about it over the years. Have a blessed Easter.....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome finds and I would have done the same thing. Thanks for sharing the adventure. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    great finds and you do pack a mean basket!! LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!