Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Spring Blooms, Green Grass, and Lilac Bouquets



We have been so busy working in the yard that I didn't get any photo's of the Daffodil's & Hyacinths when they were in bloom earlier this spring.   I constantly have to remind myself to "stop and smell the roses" .....does anyone else have to do that?     Anyway,   I "stopped" and took a day just to walk around the yard,   relax in the sun,   and snap some pic's of our yard.
I say this every spring,   but I think that the grass is greener this year than it's ever been....lol! 


The lilac bushes are in full bloom and the snow balls are up next.....you can see all those gorgeous green blooms that will soon  be white


I clipped big bunches of blooms and have bouquets scattered all around the house

 
This is the big lilac bush in the flower bed by the back fence......


Then, there is a whole row of lilac bushes next to the fence that separates our yard from the neighbors.    So,  to say that the back yard smells lovely is an understatement!


The rose garden is progressing nicely.    


I don't recall the name of this plant right off hand,   but it always comes out early


Our little Bleeding Heart is blooming.....


And every flower bed in the yard is full of Violets.    They are very invasive,   but I still love them!


The iris are late this spring.....just leaves and no blooms yet


H mowed the grass yesterday and it is so pretty and green.....


The Peonies have buds and will bloom soon.....


This is a neglected area of the yard that has turned unto a "catch all" but it will look much better when the fence is covered in ivy......and the vintage grocery cart finds a good home.....

The wind mill blades also need to find a home.   
The ivy grows on the ground as well as the fence so this little side yard will look pretty good in a few weeks.


I can't wait for the snow balls to turn white......maybe I'll just cut some of the green blooms for a bouquet in the house.....


But for now......the Lilac's are the star of spring!

8 comments:

  1. Your lilacs definitely are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard is always so pretty, Penny. An wow, those lilacs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely to have all these beautiful flowers starting to bloom. I wish I were near you and I would take a bunch of your violets from you. I absolutely LOVE them. They make the cutest edging to a lawn. I can't find them up here in Northern Colorado. We had them everywhere in Southern Colorado.
    Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lilac bushes are huge and wonderful. I can't wait for the snowballs and peonies to bloom...Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous we barely have green grass---and no flowers, a few frozen crocus have tried, but failed...sigh...can't wait for lawn work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lilacs are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lilacs are so gorgeous and I bet they smell amazing! Our's are just now budding out - I'm excited to cut them and bring them in when they bloom 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    Your lilacs and all the other blooms are so pretty!!! My lilac tree did not bloom as much as it usually does but I think it is because of the extremes in temps. that we have had this Spring....One day in the 30's and the next day in the 70's....90's are predicted this weekend with high humidity which seems to be the norm for us anymore......Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!