Blog Archive

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Seasonal Decorating After Easter


 What do we do when Easter is over.....just wait until it's time to decorate for summer?   NO!  There's still a lot of Spring left,   so leave out the decor that isn't too Eastery.   There's lots to celebrate in May....  May Day,   Mothers Day,   & Memorial Day just to name a few,  so why not add some holiday decor to what is left of the spring stuff!    That's exactly what I decided to do to the mantel in the family room until it's time to decorate for Summer.


Let's take a spring stroll and see what I did......


I had never really heard much about May Day Baskets but apparently they are a "thing"     You can design little baskets to hang on family, friends, and neighbors doors on May 1st.    I recently created a May Day Board on my Pinterest account with some really cute idea's.   Here's a link to it......https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/may-day-baskets/

I created a big Peony basket as the centerpiece for my mantel.....how do you like the pink and white cow ribbon I wrapped around it?   Amazon has several to chose from.....


Then,   I designed a garland to hang across the mantel using May themed decor


I made May Day Baskets to hang on some of my neighbors doors.    Super simple.....I used vintage hankies as a container for my sprig of faux flowers.    then attached a Happy May Day note to it.


I also printed paper baskets......check out my Pinterest Board.....https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/may-day-baskets/


See how I added May decor to my little white ducks that were out at Easter?



I usually decorate for Memorial Day outside,   but I decided to slip in a little of it in on my mantel.... 


I printed off some photo's of Patriotic decor that I have created for our home over the years.    This is a pic of a wreath that I had on the front door one year. 


I plan to use my ducks year round....not just for Easter and the same thing goes for some of my Rabbits that aren't too Eastery.


This is a photo I printed and framed for the mantel of a floral design I created in a pair of pink boots one year for the front porch.



So far I've combined Spring decor that was left over from Easter with May Day & Memorial Day decor.....


Now I'll add some Mother's Day touches to the mix.....


I plan to make some Mother's Day Baskets using the same idea's that I have on my May Day Basket Pinterest  board and attach little notes like this one to them.   They will make perfect gifts for some of my friends and neighbors to let them know I am thinking of them.


I can't wait to welcome in May!


Do cow's celebrate Mother's Day.....hmmm


I hope you guys were able to pick up an idea or two on how to decorate after Easter while we're waiting on summer.    I had no idea how many events and special holidays there are in May    May is almost as busy as December!   Cinco de Mayo,,,,,,Graduations.....Kentucky Derby  ( I included a link to 17 recipes for Mint Juleps just for you guys on my May Day Basket Pinterest board that I gave a link to earlier in my post).   
 I always think of Memorial Day as the kick off to summer...how about you?





 

1 comment:

  1. Spring decorating after Easter is a little bit like winter decorating after Christmas. Your spring decorations are beautiful!. Love the cows!
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!