Blog Archive

Monday, July 11, 2022

Christmas in July .....Budget Friendly Shopping


H & I have been spending some of our Saturdays this summer going to yard sales and local auctions.   I'm naming this past Saturday "Christmas in July" because of the large amount of Christmas decor that we found.  


There was also lots of other seasonal decor at the auction and I found myself bidding on some sweet Easter stuff too.....as if I need anymore of that....lol     I'll share more about my Easter buys later in the post....but for now let's look at the Christmas in July deals  
 

The auction had some lovely Fitz & Floyd Christmas decor   I bid on some of it but it all went higher than I was willing to go.    I was able to pick up a few boxes of nativity sets.     I fell in love with this 2008 Enesco set and everyone else was more interested in the FF,   so I was able to pick it up for  $10.



This is printed on the creche....


This is the shepherd,  sheep,  wise men and glass cloche that were also in the box


Next to the Enesco Nativity is some more stuff from the auction
 

I got the bid on the Jim Shore carolers.....this is the only JS that I was able to buy because the other pieces went higher than I wanted to go


H made up for what I did pay a little more than I wanted to by getting this sweet Nativity set for $3.50....and there was lots of other stuff in the box with it


I took a few pics of the island before I put the Easter stuff out....at first I wasn't going to share it because I was afraid you guys would think I was crazy to buy Easter in July....lol
 

I am sure that these 3 wise men were part of a nativity set at one time,   but when I see odd pieces that I like they will usually fit in with something when I start to decorate for Christmas


Now for a look at my Easter decor....


 
I will probably paint the lidded wicker bunny basket white.   
 The cute little ducks were in a box that was full of other stuff that I wasn't interested in.   H got the whole box for $2.50 so I'll keep the ducks and donate the rest of the box.


More Easter stuff..... 



Who could have resisted this little face?


I paid $5 for the box my bunny came in....and these are the friends that were in the box with her.



This is what is left that I will probably donate.    If you haven't ever been to an auction you may not know that when you get the bid they mark your box or item with your bidder number.   Our number has been 118 for more than 5 years....it's been pretty lucky for us so far!




 

5 comments:

  1. I love to hold out the wise men/magi from a nativity set and add them around January 6, which tradition says was when they arrived. You could also display your new ones separately at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the carolers and the three wisemen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that big stuffed bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love going to garage sales and auctions too! Love your big stuffed bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nativity. Would love to find some carolers.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!