Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Take me Out to the Ball Game Summer Porch


I'm continuing with my Watermelon / Sunflower theme on the front porch but I've added a twist to it now......Take me out to the Ball Game.    I got the bid on a box of vintage baseball gloves at the auction last Saturday....my friends there thought I was crazy to even bid on them.    Maybe they're right....but I already had ideas on how to blend them in with the existing summer decor on the porch.    What's more summery than Baseball?


I began decorating my Take me out to the Ball Game Summer porch by adding sunflower pillows to the wicker sofa and rocking chairs.    I have a Bumble Bee blanket on the sofa because it gets coolish in the evening here in Eastern New Mexico.
 
 
Then,  I created my centerpiece for the coffee table.   Isn't the Take me out to the Ball Game pig print on the potato masher the sweetest thing?     I found a watermelon base ball print on Pinterest....printed it out....and framed it in a metal plate by using stick on metal tape to attach it to the plate.    
  

There were 8 gloves in my box and I used one of them in my coffee table tray centerpiece.
 
  
 
Next,  I wanted to create some art work to set on the end tables next to the sofa


I couldn't get a good picture of my art work on the end tables so I temporarily moved them to the sofa so you guys can see them better


I had a white enamel picture stand that had a place at the bottom to cradle the glove in.     I slipped a paper watermelon print into my glove.   You may have noticed that this is a different watermelon baseball print than the one I showed you in the centerpiece.   

I thought you might like to see all the elements in my art work individually. 
  

I often get questions about my big assortment of pillow covers.     Covers are so easy to store that I don't have to worry too much about problems with storing all of them 

 
I found the pretty sunflower and eucalyptus leaves pillow covers recently on Amazon. 
          

So,   I used one of my 8 gloves in the centerpiece.....2 went in my pieces of art work .....and the other five found a place on the buffet table
 

The Louisville Slugger is my favorite glove....


Thank you so much for stopping by.....I always enjoy your visits so much!

6 comments:

It makes my day to hear from my friends!