Blog Archive

Monday, August 1, 2022

Hello to August & Getting Ready for the County Fair

 

Fall is just around the corner .....school is starting soon......and it's almost time for the County fair!    August is going to be a busy month!


I've collected vintage Fair ribbons for years and I always enjoy getting them out a couple of weeks before our county fair to use in a few vignette's around the house.



I had so much fun creating vignettes on the side board this morning .    I moved stuff around....took pictures...and then moved it around again and again and took more and more pictures.   I can't decide if I should have been an interior decorator or a photographer.   I love doing both so much,   it would be hard to decide.


I also like to design some of the stuff you see me use in my vignettes......
 

This was a simple project.     I cut out a silhouette of a pig and covered it with County Fair paper.   I also did the same thing with a cow cut out that will show up in a future post.


 I took a couple of coffee breaks while I was playing with my vignettes.....


Hello August!
 

 I know,  I know,   it's kind of early to drag the pumpkins out yet.    BUT,   they are already being havested in our area and will be entered in the County Fair.


 My Neice always enters flowers and projects in County Fair and usually brings home a bunch of ribbons.    Our grand daughter is in FFA and will be active during the fair as well.


I bought my sunflower pumpkins last fall at Hobby Lobby and I hope they have them again this season.
  

Hope they have the matching pillow covers as well,   I could use another one.
 

Thanks for stopping by.....you're always welcome!






3 comments:

  1. Hi Penny - Love your County Fair theme. I have always loved the fair so this is right up my alley. The vintage ribbons are so pretty. The fairs are just starting around our area too. Can't wait to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous collection of County Fair ribbons! Your late-summer, vintage vignettes are charming.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!