Blog Archive

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Pumpkin Stem Mushrooms & a Fall Enchanted Forrest

 
 

Does anyone else save their dried pumpkin stems?   I use them as stems for my fabric pumpkins and I have also used them as stems for my fabric mushroom caps.  

I have frequently been asked to do a tutorial sharing how I made my pumpkin stem mushrooms and hopefully some day I will .....but until then I will share plenty of close ups for you to look at. 


 


I made a wood slice cake several years ago and topped it with some of my mushrooms.    I have since taken my cake apart an used the slices and mushrooms in other ways....who knows....maybe it will make a comeback in my fall decorating this season


Funny story about my biggest pumpkins stem shown here.......
I was at a local pumpkin patch one year and noticed that it had come off of a big pumpkin and fallen on the ground.    I asked the sales guy if I could buy the stem and he looked at me like I was crazy.    I would have gladly paid him for it but he was so sweet and gave it to me.
 

The caps were super simple to make......I cut a circle of fabric and a circle of card stock.....I put a dab of pillow filling on the card stock....laid the fabric on top of that.....then gathered the fabric around all of it.    Glued it to the stem....and it's finished!


Now I want to share how I used mushrooms in the Fall Enchanted Forrest vignette I created in the entry a couple of years ago.

 
All of the paper graphics that I used in my Enchanted Forrest were designed by the very talented Kerryanne at Shabby Art Boutique.    Visit her Etsy store....you will love it!






Here is how I created a Fall Enchanted Forrest outdoors on the front porch mantel..... 


I seem to always pick out the gnarly...ist,    ugly....ist pumpkins in the patch to bring home with me.....lol 
 

Have you started your fall decorating yet?    I haven't....but I am definately in the planning stages!



 

5 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin stem mushrooms are darling! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wood sliced cake! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mushrooms and this is totally adorable! I love it. Pinning. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your mushrooms; the different kinds of materials you could use and colors....Gets my imagination going! Now to score some stems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute Penny. The pumpkin stemmed mushrooms are so creative. I am happy to feature these cuties at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!