Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Repurposed Tablerunner is the star of My Christmas Mantel for 2022

 

The inspiration for our family room Christmas mantel this year was... of all things... a tablerunner.     


 H  mounted my tablerunner on a strip of 1 x 2   and hung it over the mantel.    Then,   I created a winter  scene in front of it     
 

I made piles and piles of snow on the mantel so the snow on the tablerunner would blend seamlessly into the mantel snow.
 

I tucked Christmas tree's into my mantel snow that were similar to the ones on the tablerunner.
 

I have a snow globe on this end of the mantel that has a child building a snowman  in it.....the globe also plays music and "snows" when you turn it upside down.


I decorated the other end of the mantel with similar items....


Tree's,   snowmen,   and a small white fox.....
 

I placed a flocked pink Christmas tree on each side of the fireplace.    I left the tree's undecorated so they could be the star instead of all the ornaments.    Since there are no ornaments on the tree's,   I hung an ornament wreath on each side of the tree.....


I made my ornament wreaths many years ago and have used them in every room of the house over the years.


I diplayed more ornaments in crystal bowls on the side tables under the wreaths and also made a centerpiece on the coffee table using my favorite treasured ornaments.
 

I'm almost finished decorating the family room for Christmas.    Usually I'm done with this room by now but it seems like I'm moving a little slower this year!
 

Here is a view of the fireplace reflecting on the mirror that's on the wall across from it.    I love to use mirrors to reflect light all around the room,  don't you?
















 










 

4 comments:

  1. The table runner is totally awesome. Love the pink trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Penny. I LOVE that tablerunner! You've recreated it on your mantel beautifully! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever idea and I love your pink tree! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of work, and it turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!