Blog Archive

Friday, August 7, 2026

Autumn Hoosier




So, what can I do when it's too hot to go outside?   
I turn the AC down to freezing cold,  take everything out of the Hoosier cabinet, & give it a thorough Fall cleaning!!!



I love to start a project with a clean slate...don't you!



I hadn't displayed my collection of vintage ironstone in a while, so I thought maybe it could work as a backdrop in the Hoosier....



The creamy Ironstone pitchers provided a perfect backdrop
for my pastel Autumn decor.....  



I chose peach & lavender as my early Autumn colors
for my vignettes in the Hoosier....



I printed a Tilda paper doll to be the star in this vignette....



The star of this vignette is a little girl with her doll buggy.....it belonged to my Grandmother....



I hung a Fall bow garland across the top shelf & filled in the vignettes with lavender flowers
& a few doilies that Nanny made....



There's still a lot of hot days ahead ......but I can almost feel a touch of Autumn in the air!





1 comment:

  1. Absolutely amazing, and love all the chochet work.
    Thanks for this amazing post. You will be featured at SSPS on Monday and pinned to Senior Salon Pit Stop InLinkz Linkup Shares

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!