Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Romantic Mantle

After all the Christmas was taken off the mantle, I couldn't decide what to put up....winter, valentine?  I chose to do a romantic theme that should last until Easter.  I used my favorite wreath...that you have seen so many times..hope you aren't tired of it!   It's my "go to" wreath!!! 


When I made this wreath, I chose a sewing theme.  I used vintage button cards...

Old lace...

Beautiful pearls....even old zippers!

I made all of the roses that are on this wreath...

Here is an old earring that I glued on...


Lots of ribbon and lace and a few more zippers!

It is a pretty simple mantle...for me...I usually put lots of treasures in my vignettes...


These are some vases that belonged to my mom.
On each side of the mantle, are vintage Gone with the Wind lamps..
a romantic couple.
Here is the lamp on the other side of the fireplace...

These lamps are hand painted...
  I also added a decorated violin to this vignette.




 Happy Valentines Day!
http://www.cozylittlehouse.com/2013/01/tweak-it-tuesday-24/
http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/01/its-party-time-1-20-2013-linky-party.html
http://www.craftyscrappyhappy.net/2013/02/2893.html
Lil\'LunaJoin the fun here each Wednesday!Somewhat SimplegiveawaysPhotobucket
Keep CalmBlissful and Domestic
Adorned From AboveChic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe Shabby NestPIN MEmeSixSistersStuff.com504 Main
/>
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Or so she saysIt's Overflowing
Polkadot PrettiesTutusandTeaPartiesToo Much Time On My Hands
{nifty button}Manic MotherSeasonal Sunday Teapot copyLife on Lakeshore Drive
Boogieboard Cottage

One More Time Events
i should be mopping the floorI Heart Nap TimeNewbie partyMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #58



Mixitup
Keeping It SimpleUndertheTableandDreaming


A Diamond in the Stuff Our Delightful HomePhotobucket
Home Stories A to ZInside BruCrew LifePhotobucket
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
PhotobucketTuesday To Do Party
TheRusticPig  
Crafty ConfessionshomeworkMod Vintage LifeAtoZebra_LinkParty_Button_180x180A Bowl Full of Lemons

PJH Designs


Visit My 1929 Charmer Blog!

36 comments:

  1. I love your wreath with the sewing items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, your wreath is gorgeous, love all the pearls,
    Your mantle is just sooooo romantic :)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    First off, your wreath is drop dead gorgeous!!

    And i Adore those lamps!! The tables on each side are just stunning!!

    I see you have been so busy Tweaking!! I envy all your time that you have to "play".... Lucky you!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty Penny!... love your lamps and your wreath is just gorgeous!... how on earth did you make those roses?... everything looks so romantic and beautiful!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny, you created another dream!!!Your Valentine Day' s mantle is amazing!!!Your decors are marvellous as usual!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your go to wreath! That is so pretty--did you make it or buy it? Your fireplace with all the ruffles looks just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this wreath and the ruffles are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Penny!!!

    I love your decorating talent!!! You use a lot of what I use. I love anything with pearls and in all colors. The fireplace screen is gorgeous!!

    I love looking at the pictures in detail. It's just so beautiful!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. How romantic your fireplace looks. Your wreath is beautiful - no matter how old it is. Those ruffles are just gorgeous.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Beautiful...Love the wreath and all the romance... Coming to you from Keep Calm and Link Up Party.
    Susan @ Rustic ReDiscovered

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Just wanted to let you know that my blog address has changed. Long story… I’ve moved everything over to http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com. I hope you’ll follow me there!

      T’onna @ Navy Wifey Peters Aboard the USS Crafty

      Delete
  12. A beautiful wreath and soooo romantic looking..I loved seeing (my first time Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty and romantic, Penny. I'm finishing up my mantel this weekend...whew what a lot of work!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very sweet Penny! I adore all the beautiful lace and crocheted doilies and that GORGEOUS wreath!! What did you use for the back of the wreath... can you tell I'm trying to figure out how to copy it? It's the most sincere form of flattery!! After my husbands Grandmother passed I was given all her sewing goodies, including a couple of unfinished quilts she started (I'm the quilter in the family). There were bags and boxes of sewing notions, they are very old and still attached to the packaging...I think making a wreath like this would be a lovely way to use some these goodies to remember her by!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mantel is like a dream!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you really go all out! Very romantic indeed!
    Here from Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is totally amazing! Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  18. HiPenny,

    Just passed by from Cindy's party. wow your wreath so romantic and pretty. I love the roses,old buttons and lace.
    great or Valentine, well done job.you are very talented.
    have a nice weekend
    warmly from Rome

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wreath is just beautiful! Love all the detail you put into it. Again thank you for linking up another great project.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Penny, your wreath and mantle are very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Penny,
    Love your gorgeous wreath and all of it's detail.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Penny! Oh, your wreath is gorgeous and so is your mantel! Love the table too with the sweet little couple and the pretty lamp! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Penny your wreath is beautiful and your mantle is so romantic and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Penny,
    That is the most beautiful wreath that I've ever seen! Your entire mantle display is gorgeous. I could sit and look at that view for hours, so peaceful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so pretty....I love the wreath...but I am crazy over the ruffle on the mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful mantel, Penny. That heart wreath is very special!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a pretty wreath and mantel. Love those lamps!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just when I think you can't beat your last post, you prove me wrong!! LOL Everything is gorgeous, and that wreath is amazing!! Thanks so much for the inspiration and for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Have a wonderful week.
    xoxo
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have so many BEAUTIFUL things! Thanks for sharing. I love to look at them! We would love for you to share all you would like on our very 1st link party! Is live now! Please come link up with us at
    thebusybhive.blogspot.com
    Joye & Myrna
    The Busy Bee's

    ReplyDelete
  30. How special to get to see your beautiful room. The wreath is amazing. What a gift you have for home-loving!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a gorgeous mantel! I'm so glad you shared this at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for Linking Up last week with your beautiful romance!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This mantle is heavenly. I would love for you to share you post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!