Blog Archive

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Outdoor Fall Decorating Ideas

I have had fun snapping photos as H and I have drove around the last couple of weeks.   Do you ever just get out and drive around....look at the yards....imagine how their house looks inside....
There is a farm just a couple of miles away from our house that has lots of cool junk.   I loved this old truck they decorated for fall.
The gourds and unusual pumpkins caught my eye at this house.   Look at the long thin pumpkin on the right step,     I haven't seen any of those before.

The pretty fall wreath also caught my eye....
I understand that the new bumpy pumpkins are a cross between a gourd and a pumpkin and can be dried!   I'm going to try it.   On the right is a close up of that pumpkin....looks more like a large sweet potato to me....lol!
All of the grasses that bloom in the fall are so pretty.....
I thought this porch was neat....
I like the mix of  animal,  black & white,  and orange.
It's chili time here in New Mexico......the Hatch chilis are picked not far from here.
It's very common to see a red chili Ristra's hung on the house to dry.   
Or maybe a pair of Ristra's....
You want to be sure to wear gloves when you string your chili's.   that hot stuff doesn't feel good if you touch your eye with your "chili" fingers...lol!
Stacked Cinderella pumpkins......
and an old metal car.
This porch is so welcoming....
as is this one!
That yellow door just pops....
Some of the big orange pumpkins like you see on the right side sell for 40-50 dollars.   I wouldn't dare put one like that outside....the kids love to come by and smash 'um!
This house wasn't decorated for fall.....
but I really liked the hand painted door.
Isn't this porch pretty?
Traci's is a real neat nursery here in town.....
Metal scare crow....

More Ristra's.....

And......drum roll....what's not to love about this gorgeous porch!

http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2014/10/blue-monday-ironic-blue-sign.html
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
http://www.niftythriftythings.com/nifty-thrifty-sunday-175/
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/2014/10/flaunt-it-friday-226.html
http://colorincoloradoblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Those are ALL great Fall pictures, Penny. That handpainted door is really something. I do love to drive around and look at all sorts of things. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Great!! The old cars really are fun...and the porches all look so inviting. ~ I really love fall decorating. ~ Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to see all the different houses and their decorating styles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tour of homes...really neat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely home! Found you on Chic on a Shoestring blog hop party! Kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    What fantastic outdoor decorating ideas!! All are magazine worthy!! I really love the ones with those big porches!! My Dream porch!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each one of these is beautiful. So many ideas for decorating. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!