Blog Archive

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Flat ChristmasTree for the Hallway


Do you have little to no space for a Christmas tree?  
I've seen different ideas around the internet for a flat Christmas tree and decided that I would like to try to make one for the wall at the end of our hallway.


My first thought was to hang strips of lace in the form of a Christmas tree across this mirror at the end of the hallway.    I thought I could attach them to the mirror with small suction cups......but I couldn't find my sack of small suction cups!   Does that ever happen to you?    I didn't want to get out in the 3 degree temps that we have today,   so I started thinking about what else I had on hand to make a flat tree on this mirror....lol!    


This is the hallway to the laundry room,  bedrooms,  and bathroom so I go down this hall many many times a day so I wanted it to be decorated for Christmas.

 See my flat tree at the very end of the hallway?


Here's a closer look.  

I had bought a box of vintage wooden hangers at a yard sale this past summer so I had plenty to make a good sized tree.   The tree topper is a star that I made last year from wire and strips of fabric.     


I hung the first hanger from a screw above the top of the mirror and then started attaching more hangers with strips of fabric.

 My tree sits on the wall that divides one of the guest bedrooms......


The master bedroom is on the other side of the tree.


I have a single pink ball hung from the tree topper.....


The rest of the tree is decorated with vintage hankies.....


I thought the vintage hankies would be a perfect touch for my flat tree since I have a large linen closet right by it.


The linen storage reflects in the three mirrors that are on the opposite wall.    


I have pom pom garland hung across the top of the linen closet.  (the matching wreath is on the opposite wall)

 I added some frosted greenery and pink roses to the shelves to give the linen closet a festive look for the holidays.     I will leave this decor up after Christmas for a wintery look in the hallway


I have all my tablecloths,  napkins,  placemats, napkin rings and anything else I might need to create a tablescape stored in this cabinet..


Here's the pom pom wreath that matches the garland on the linen closet.

 My battery operated birch candles are a new purchase from Michael's 70% off isle   When Christmas is over,   I will pack the Santa away and leave the wreath,  bird  and candles up as winter decor.

Merry Christmas!



11 comments:

  1. Penny,
    Such a creative solution that looks wonderful! I love the vintage clothes hangers with the handkerchiefs. Thanks for sharing at Monday Social.

    Joyeux Noel,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, this is a clever way to share and enjoy the vintage textiles. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought to use hankies for decor but wow I inherited a huge collection of hankies. The hanger tree was so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the pom-pom wreath. No time this year, but a must do for after Christmas after I make the Pepa Pig hat goes up to my grandson. (No worries, already sent him and his bros lots of goodies).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha, ha! or should I say Ho, ho, ho! Grins, love this---improvising with what you have...but only you would need another tree, excellent idea! Grins, and have a Merry, Merry Christmas. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Penny,
    I'm so very grateful to you for every post of yours and for tha magic you always share, and with my heart filled with sincere gladness and thankfulness, I'm sending blessings on your Christmas, may it be Peaceful, Joy-and-Hope-filled as never before !

    Xx Daniela at - My little old world -

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh...you are really the queen of inventive decors! Such a lovely and original idea
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,
    I am absolutely amazed by this!! I looks wonderful!! And I would have never though of making a Tree out of wooden hangers....
    Love the pom pom wreath and the birch candles... I think I need to check out Michaels....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creative idea to use the wooden hangers Penny. It turned out really cute! thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stop by on Sunday to see this featured at Monday Social. I think it may be the most clever thing I've seen all season.
    Thanks for linking up to Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!