Blog Archive

Saturday, April 1, 2017

White Wicker Chaise Lounge


H and I hadn't been to the auction in forever......well,  maybe not that long,  but it's been a while!    Usually I don't see anything that I'm interested in at the preview,  but this week was different.    There was a white wicker chaise lounge that caught my eye .....and maybe one or two other things....lol!


She is in perfect condition.....here is a view of her backside


side and end view.....isn't she a beauty?


I got her for $60 which I thought was a good buy,    she also had a seat cushion that fits perfect and was good and clean.    I can't wait to show you the rest of my haul...tee hee!


Of course her cushion wasn't in my colors,   so I quickly covered it in a chenille spread.  
Then I had fun playing with pillows and different covers.     In this photo,   I have a big white pillow,  a medium pink and white buffalo check pillow,   and a ruffled round pillow......


I added a fourth needlepoint floral pillow to my group,   you can't have too many pillows can you!    Did you notice the hand painted wooden lap pad sitting on the hearth,   pretty handy huh!


Then,    I took away the pink polka dot ruffled pillow and replaced it with a round floral Laura Ashley pillow.


I tried a duvet cover on top of the chenille spread.    This is a small duvet cover made for a crib comforter.     I normally keep  on the arm of my chair  to cover my feet in case they get cold.    I think it will need to go back to my chair!   


The fabric is so soft and pretty......it's a yard sale find of course!


I tried this oversized RL Euro sham at the end of the lounge


I love the spring plaid colors ...don't you!     


I have had a piano bench in front of the fireplace to sit on and I've had two chairs with a round table in between.    I've also had a love seat....and now a chaise lounge


21 comments:

  1. Great deal on the chaise lounger, and decorated very nicely done. I myself have a love of white wicker and would have grabbed that up fast. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal on the lounger!! My living room is all wicker seating. Saw some great priced wicker tables at an estate sale on Thursday. However, even with great effort could not come up with a place to put them and no place to store them. So hard to pass up a great deal!! LOL I so envy your storage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did very well and of course you have added it to your décor in a beautiful display. Thanks for inspiring. Joyous wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty! Now we just need to see you striking a pose on it!! I love the cat with her kittens at the foot of the chaise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so amazing! Like in a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'd say you got a terrific deal! This is a gorgeous chaise, and no question, you are going to enjoy lounging on this beauty. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you really got some good buys at that auction. Can't wait to see. Love the chaise. :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    Love, Love the chaise!! Stunning in every way!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great deal on your chaise! Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty! This chaise lounge is such beautiful and very romantic. Perfect for your sweet home
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your chaise chair. What a find? Love how you styled it.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a good buy you got. And it was such fun to see all of the looks with the throws and pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always find the best deal. It's lovely. Looking forward to seeing where it will find home. #merrymonday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your chaise longue ~ a wonderful score! My friend Kathy has one almost identical, I think. She keeps a big euro pillow on it and covered hers similarly in white chenille. She loves all white, but puts in pink and Shabby and florals most of the time. ;)
    Enjoy your weekend and happy garage-sale-ing!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a deal! Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so jealous right now Penny, that chaise lounge is gorgeous and I love all the pillows you added. All I want to do is curl up with a good book and think happy thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why would anyone part with such a pretty chaise lounge. Well now she has a new home that appreciates her feminine lines. Very pretty find Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Love that Chaise lounge it is so pretty - you find the nicest thing Penny

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful. I love chaise lounges.

    ReplyDelete
  20. For years I searched for a wicker chaise like yours to no avail. I finally settled for an upholstered piece which I love. I'm sure you will enjoy your chaise so much. Thank you so much sharing your your prize chaise with us at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness, this is just what i have been looking for you did good finding that. it is gorgeous gorgeous, jennie owen

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!