Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Tips on how to Style a Tiered Stand for Spring


I styled my tiered stand for spring and for once I remembered to take a few photos to share as I worked....lol!
   


I sat my tiered stand in a white lacey charger to add another layer to style.  
 I bought a sheet of faux grass at Michaels to place in the sections    This type of grass comes in 2 sizes and I always get the larger one....first it's cheaper and second I can cut it apart to make custom sized pieces for my designs 


See how it has sections that you can easily cut apart with a pair of scissors.


I cut my grass in pieces that will fit snugly in my tiered stand sections.     Don't worry if they don't fit exactly,   I'll show you later how to fix that.


It took one sheet of grass to fill the sections in my tiered stand.


I wanted to use some real egg shells in my design,   so I have been saving them for a few days.    See over on the kitchen counter......


I just wash the shells and let them dry for a few days.


I tucked a little dried material in my egg shells and added a sprig of small pussy willow   (the willow came from Michaels,  in the Easter isle)


Here's what the willow looks like before I cut it apart.    
This is the trim that I used around the tiers of the stand.  A dab of hot glue holds it on and it can easily be removed when I want to style my stand a different way.


Once you get the grass in place,   you are only limited by your imagination on how to complete your design.    I used a few succulents and some small bunnies.


I didn't use any hot glue to secure my grass to the stand because I change out the decor in my tiered stand frequently.   Remember how I told you earlier not to worry about any bare spots around your grass.....  just tuck in some dried grass to cover them up.


Can you guess what we are having for lunch today?


Roasted brussel sprouts!    
Easy peasy....cut each sprout in four  pieces,  coat with olive oil,   sprinkle on plenty of garlic salt,  place them in a single layer on a baking pan and bake in the oven at 400 for about 35 minutes.... turning once half way thru.


I put my creation on the kitchen counter to photograph because the lighting is so good there by the window,    but I think it will find a spot on the coffee table in the family room.

  I have been spending a lot of time the last few days in the studio.   I am making lots of changes to make my work area more user friendly....can't wait to show you how it turned out!











18 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!! Well done again dear Penny
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've filled your tiered stand with greenery, Easter eggs, and bunnies for spring. It looks fanciful and romantic for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the grass....may have to get some!! I adore the trim! The use of the eggs was such a great idea......
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun, please share where all the magic happens, lol. Very fresh and green, my favorite, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    This design is filled with spring and all its festivities. Thank for sharing with TADA this week. See ya next Thursday with some more of your gems.
    Happy Creating,
    Karen Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the grass. I saw it at Michaels the other day and considered it but did not realize how the bottom was constructed and that you could cut it so easily! Thanks for sharing. It looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much! Am going to be putting aside my eggshells now. So happy I found you at the #HomeMattersParty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG That is the cutest thing!!!

    Chippy White Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful spring decor pretty
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decorated tiered stand is so cute. Where did you find such a cute stand?
    I never could figure out why a bunny always delivered Easter eggs instead of a chicken seeing how rabbits don't lay eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Penny. It's almost as if you've created a fairy Easter garden. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in love with this! I just grabbed one of my tiers wondering what in the world I should do with it. what a great inspiration, especially the shells. Just wanted to let you know that this post will be featured this week on TADA! Thursdays. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful tutorial Penny! I love your step by step to creating a beautiful spring display. Thanks for linking up your posts with us at Vintage Charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny, this is so pretty & perfect for spring / Easter! Thanks for sharing at the #InspirationSpotlight Party. Pinned & Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny, your tiered stand is so pretty and you have it styled beautifully. Thank you for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!