Blog Archive

Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving



I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving before everything gets hectic.


Our family has 3 Rn's,  a fireman,  and an EMT so it is almost impossible to have everyone off duty on the same day. so we are celebrating Thanksgiving on Wednesday.   ( Only a handful could be here on Thursday.)   Our grand daughter  (an RN)  is the only one that can't be here on Wednesday but we'll take her a plate to the hospital.


H and I will spend most of the day tomorrow cooking.   
This is my "practice" tablescape and the Thanksgiving tablescape will look like this only on a larger scale.    I will clean this table off tomorrow and put the leaves in.....then reset it for 8.     Another table will be set for the remaining 4  (3 kids and an adult to referee..lol)   We'll all be in the same room though.


The centerpiece for our Thanksgiving dinner is a large metal turkey surrounded by roses and pine cones.......


and of course,   a touch or two of bling.



I even gave my metal turkey a bit of bling around his neck.


The place settings will all be very similar......


I added bling to the bundle of napkins and flatware that you have seen me use many times in my tablescapes.


The plates will all be different ,   but will all have a rose pattern.


I don't have 12 silver metal charters,   so I will use 4 copper ones and 4 gold ones.


I am so thankful for my family and friends......


And wish you could all gather here with us to share our Thanksgivng dinner.....


Happy Thanksgiving!

14 comments:

  1. So so pretty ! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on Celebrate and Decorate and I'm so glad I did! You've given me great inspiration for my Christmas table. I adore the roses with pinecones in the centerpiece. This is sooooo pretty. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The centerpiece is just gorgeous
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy celebrating on Wednesday with Family. I LOVE your plates and napkins. Enjoy yourself the rest of the week! I found you from Tuesdays with a Twist!

    - Natalie A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny no matter what you use it is just BEAUTIFUL. Who would ever thought a turkey that cut out of tin could be beautiful. You have great ideals & Mr. H. Thank you for taking your time showing us how to put together all the pretty things you do with out breaking the bank. I look for your post everyday & it makes my day. May the good Lord bless you Mr. H and the family. You two light up our world.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love the metal theme. And most especially your napkin rings! I would never have thought to combine roses, antlers and rhinestones.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Another truly beautiful tablescape!! Just gorgeous!! I hear you with having family members in the medical profession and having to adjust Holidays to accommodate.
    I was off for the entire Holiday for the first time in 35 years, Working night shift, we have to work either the Eve or the Day of every Holiday.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very pretty I love your turkey he looks so elegant or is it a she??
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that metal turkey and how you decked it out! Thanks so much for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! This looks amazing. I hope all went well with your Thanksgiving dinner, I love that you'll take a plate for those missing out on being there! Thanks for sharing this with us all at the Blogger's Pit Stop. Debbie from Deb's World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Everything looks gorgeous. Of course, I expect nothing less from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that looks so lovely Penny. I hope you all had a beautiful Thanksgiving on Wednesday, I'm sorry your grand daughter could join you guys but it still sounds like you had a full house

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tablescape. Love the pinks and blues together. Thank you for sharing with Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Penny,
    I'm just now seeing this blog and it's August 2018! Better late than never! The table is beautiful with the pinks and bling. May I ask where you found the metal turkey?

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!