Blog Archive

Monday, January 15, 2018

Touches of Farmhouse decor in the Milk Glass Cabinet


Cleaning the built in display cabinet is quite a job but I am always so pleased with the end result.    H helped me so it took half the time......about 2 hours.      He is really a much better cleaner than I am and way more careful with the pretties!


Christmas......................................................................Now


I have a farmhouse theme in the family room,    so I decided to add some farmhouse touches to the display cabinet.    The family room and dining room are actually just one big room,   so it makes prefect sense to me to have them decorated with the same colors and theme.


I had my horse print in the kitchen until I put it away to decorate for Christmas.


I went a different way with the decor in the kitchen after Christmas,   so my sweet horse print didn't get used.     I wasn't tired of it yet,   so it found a home in the display cabinet.


Same story with the duck print...................


the goat print............


and also this goat print!


You can see in the left side of the display cabinet that I still have one more Christmas tree to take down.


Maybe I'll leave it up just a little while longer.....lol!


I hung a white pom pom wreath on the front of the cabinet.     
  

I hadn't found a place for the pink tractor that was on the coffee table during  Christmas,    so I put it on the little table between the chairs.     It's just there temporarily,    just til I find a place for it.
 

I decorated the piano for Valentines day this afternoon,    can't wait to share it with you!



19 comments:

  1. I like how you have all those beads in the dish. Looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour,

    Un univers de douceur... Merci pour le partage de pièces extraordinaires.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your decor! Pink is my favorite color but I don't use it much in my decorating. After seeing your home, I'm going to start using more pops of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pink and i adore your beautiful decors
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your display cabinet. I have a similar one but my husband doesn't want me to paint it. So I haven't. Yet.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your display cabinet is so beautiful - definitely worth all your hard work! I'm fascinated as well by the butter dish in the photo with the duck print - I have one exactly like it! It belonged to my late mother. You really have created such a lovely display here. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Link party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    I always enjoy seeing your display cabinet as it is such a magnificent feature in your home!! And as I have mentioned in the past, your milk glass collection is impressive!! Love the white pom pom wreath and all the farmhouse touches you have added...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should leave your pink tree up through Valentine's Day -- it's certainly adorable enough. Not too Christmassy. And I ADORE your animal prints! ~ jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink tractor!I grew up with John Deere, so my dad would flip out if he saw a pink tractor! But it goes great with your beautiful decor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is probably my favorite room. The pink feels so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The milk glass brings back memories of my grandmother's house! Thanks for sharing at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from This Autoimmunelife

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, as always! Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the horse picture :) Thanks for linking up at the Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your milk glass collection is unbelievable. The prize ribbon in the wreath is such a good idea in a farmhouse scheme. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That pair of chairs is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pink decor Penny! Pink is my fave color. LOVE the horse print, and the goat one comes in for a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your milk glass collection is incredible. Your display cabinet really sets off the collection beautifully. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm drooling over your milk glass collection. It's incredible. I love the horse and duck prints too. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These glass display cabinets are looking adorable. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post with us.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!