Blog Archive

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Memorial Day Yard Decor


I filled the front yard with red,  white,  and blue decor this morning to show my thanks to our Veterans for the freedom that we are so blessed to enjoy.  


I hung some banners across the front porch.......


I decorated our private back porch with the softer colors of Patriotic decor......light red  (pink),  white,  and light blue.........lol!       But,   I like to decorate the front yard with bold red,  white ,   and blue!      


After I finished the front porch,    I moved on  to the area by the street and put some red white and blue on  the old buggy.

She has red white and blue "head lights"..........a quilt and pillow in the seat.......


and the back of the buggy is filled with pink geraniums and small flags.


The big flag in the front yard is lit at night so we don't ever take it down.


I put some more flags out under each of the oak tree's.......


I put a small flag in front of each windmill blade.......


Then I did the same thing under the other oak tree.

We visited the cemetery yesterday and placed flowers on our parents and grandparents graves. 
   

We are joining the kids and grandkid's at the lake tomorrow ...........cook out some hot dogs.......and have a fun family day.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day week end!

 


15 comments:

  1. Very pretty and patriotic! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Happy Memorial day from Canada Enjoy you family day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love to see the red, white & blue out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home and blog are so beautiful! I've enjoyed scrolling today and looking at your blog. Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice decorations celebrating our Memorial Day and the one's that helped to protect our country! Have fun tomorrow with your family. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so beautifully patriotic. Plus I love that mailbox!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the old buggy and all your great Red White and Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The old buggy is amazing! Love the patriotic colours
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. That buggy is so fun, Penny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny,
    I love the Patriotic buntings and I always enjoy seeing the wagon in your front yard!! Very pretty as always!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice -patriotic post! HPS and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something about the bunting that just feels so homey! Nicely done! #saturdaysharefest
    Tracy
    www.viewfromthebeachchair.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That buggy is adorable. You have a gorgeous and lush yard. I don't know how you do it in New Mexico. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Penny! You have so many creative ideas here! That buggy is too awesome! I am featuring this post at Thursday Favorite Things today. I hope you will come back and join us again this week. Thanks for linking up!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/red-white-and-blue-decor-at-thursday-favorite-things/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Penny, Thank you for sharing last week on Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features, this week your post is being featured!!
    Hope you will stop by and share again. Have a great weekend!

    Karren

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!