Blog Archive

Monday, July 16, 2018

Week End Treasure Hunt


I enjoyed a very successful week end treasure hunt......plenty of yard sales to check out. 
   


I bought this shabby chic comforter set to make cushions for the wicker settees on the back porch.


The reverse side of the comforter is a pretty pink plaid.    The ruffled bed skirt is the same plaid fabric and it came with 1 floral sham.      It's a lot of fabric to use in my projects for $5.


The yard sale where I found the stripped hat box had about 15 of them to choose from.....$5 each.    I picked this one out because it contained gloves and hats.    


There was two white vintage hats in the box and several pair of gloves..     





The black velvet gloves with the rhinestones around the wrist are my favorite pair.


The hat box also had a couple of vintage bonnets in it.


My treasure hunt also included a trip down the 90% isle at Hobby Lobby.    I'll share what I found there on another post.


Flower basket for $3


I have a metal wreath holder like this one on the front door,    but I can always use another one.

Thanks for stopping by........come back soon!




16 comments:

  1. Hi Penny! Super cute finds - what a great deal on the bedding especially!Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds! Love all the gloves and hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny you find the greatest goodies when you go on treasure hunts, the gloves are great, cant wait to see how you use the shelf. Thank you for sharing on #OMHGWW Linky Party Hope to see you again soon!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the hatbox and contents are superb...also love the flower basket. Please leave it green...the patina is so wonderful---they were often used in funeral homes, originally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those velvet gloves are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your finds. Pink and green are my favorite colors. So happy that pink is making a come back. Glad to have found your post on the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bedding buy; new stuff is SOO pricey. One of my other faves were the blue gloves; the flower motif is called Irish Rose; one I actually learned how to crochet (in yarn, not fine thread); I made a baby crib blanket! Love it in doilies, too! I learned to appreciate things Irish from my late mother-in-law, an O'Malley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You find the best "stuff"! Love those gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to find such beautiful treasures! Oh, how fun it would be tag along on one of your treasure hunts <3 Thank you for giving us a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some great finds! That hat box was a WIN. I love shoping thrift stores but now you got me wanting to go to some yard sales.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those vintage bonnets are so sweet! Thanks for sharing your treasures at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to get fabric without paying a lot of money!!! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny you really scored on your treasure hunt. Love everything you found and especially that cute flower basket.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those are some really pretty finds Penny. The shabby chic comforter is so gorgeous and I love all those gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny,
    Playing catch up again... I am at work.... Love the gloves and the metal wreath holder for the door really caught my eye!! Another good haul of treasures for sure!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!