Blog Archive

Friday, August 24, 2018

My Diy Cotton Boll and White Pumpkin Tree


I enjoyed making a smaller cotton boll tree for the kitchen so much that I decided to make a bigger version for the dining room.


The tree part of my cotton boll creation is an outdated ficus tree.    I stripped off all the green leaves and added a few dead branches that H trimmed off the Bradford pear trees in the front yard.


My finished tree is about 6 foot tall.
 

I wired.....floral taped......and wedged two long garlands of cotton boll and white pumpkins to my tree skeleton,




I bought my garlands last fall at At Home......hope they have more similar to them this year.


I am still moving things around......lol!     H flipped the mirrored cabinet that was in the kitchen around to the wall in the family dining room.


Before................................................................After 
The vintage metal serving cart that was on that wall found a home under the window in the family dining room.


See,    here's the metal cart under the window.


I changed out the white pom pom wreath that was here for a cotton boll wreath.


I have the dining table all cleaned off and ready for me to create  pretty fall tablescape for a dinner party that we're having over the week end.      I'll take some pics and share them next week!

Til Next Time......

4 comments:

  1. Love your dining room and the tree! Did a pink themed dining room for the summer but Im thinking about leaving it and decorating with pink pumpkins and everything pink. Very Beautiful...Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, Penny! Visiting from Sweet Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as usual! So comfort and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Love your Tree!! I am itching to start Fall decorating but I will wait until after Labor Day..
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!