Blog Archive

Monday, December 17, 2018

Tiered Tray Christmas Tree



If you need a centerpiece in a hurry,    just fill in the blanks in your tiered tray and you'll have one quick and easy!


This centerpiece was so simple.       I just filled each compartment with a spray of greenery..........


I made some bows for the topper.........


Then I "hung" ornaments on my tiered tree!


My tiered tree is not a theme tree,     I just put ornaments on it that I liked


I created my centerpiece on the kitchen island but will move it to it's permanent place for the holidays  after I am finished photographing it.      The island is big enough to handle big projects and I love the natural lighting in the kitchen.


After I got all the greenery in the compartments and the bow topper on,   it was time to play with the decorations.


I moved things around  until I was pleased with how it looked........


I nested a vintage elf in the greenery so he could have a short nap.......


I grouped two reindeer and a bag of reindeer food in this area of the tree.


Doesn't this elf have the sweetest smile!


I moved the tall elves as I took photo's of each side of the tree.......still haven't picked out a permanent side of the tree to stand each one of them beside..


Another vintage elf and two small red rocking horses.......


I hope no one asks me where I got these elves...........I've had them forever and I don't remember where they came from!


A small elf peeking out of the greenery.........


This Santa ornament is really old.......


Before..............................................................After


Now,      to get my tiered tree moved to it's permanent place for the holidays!

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! You made a such original and beautiful centerpiece. I love it very much
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, It amazes me how you can use something like an old nail bin from a hardware store to make something so charming and beautiful. The elves are so sweet and innocent looking. Doesn't it make you ask yourself who the artist used as a model for each elf, Santa and other little people. I am always curious as to who they may have used as a model.
    The one little elf you said has a sweet face looks like my youngest daughter when she was growing up. That sweet little smile.
    Oh, I noticed an "I Love Lucy" travel trailer. Those little mobile homes where so popular in after WWII. Everyone wanted to see America. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.
    Isn't wonderful we have photographs to refresh our memories.
    Thanks always for sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really adorable and I love your elves! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your cute standing elves! You make everything look so nice and festive! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and cute! Thanks so much for sharing and the inspiration! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny.
    I love how you used the greenery and added the whimsical elves!! Very clever! The bows wee a nice touch!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling idea! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fresh greenery during the holidays. This is a great way to bring that evergreen smell into the house. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!