Blog Archive

Monday, April 22, 2019

Iron Bed & Snowballs in the Garden


Our snowball bush was in full bloom Easter weekend and I couldn't resist taking a few photos while we were in the yard.


I had played with different pillows and decor the day before Easter and had a hard time deciding which one I liked the best......blue and white ticking pillows......


A star,  with only 2 of the pillows ........ with a white wicker chair and rusty step ladder added to the vignette 


This one won out!


I liked the green wicker chair better than the white one.........


The colorful pillows were my favorite .......


And the touch of orange flowers for a pop of color mixed in with the pink geraniums made this look the one I wanted for Easter week end......


The snow ball bush had a mix of green........


and white snow balls on it
     

I love decorating the yard with antique pieces. 
  If you look close above the wicker chair you can get a peek at the clothes line that H is in the process of putting up for me.      I put a vintage washing machine on each end of the clothes line.


This old Norge makes a fun planter.


The flower bed next to the tree is next on the list to freshen up     It's had the same look for years and I hope I can come up with something a little different for it's 2019 summer look!

I enjoy your visits so much......please come back soon!





12 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. Love the White star you originally had. Old washing machines as planters, great idea. The snowball flowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful yard, love those washing machines, it takes me back to my childhood, when I would help my grandmother do the washing, and I always help with the wringer...... Oh what Great memeories.... thanks for taking me back there. 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    Love the antique wringer washers!! And the iron bed make a perfect garden piece!! The snowballs are lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, Penny, I never thought I would see that antique baby bed like you have again. My sister had one for her children. That bed is from the 1940's or before.
    They don't make furniture sturdy like that any more. I love it and the pillows with the flowers. Yes, the washing machine takes me back too. We had a Maytag, but before that mother did everything by hand. We even had a cast iron hugh pot for boiling water once a week. I saw one at an auction and it went for a small fortune.
    Thanks for taking me down memory lane. I always love your sharing time.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a such adorable and relaxing garden space.Love the star pillow
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect place for reading your Bible and sipping coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did. The wringer washer is so cute with the flowers. Brings back memories. My grandmother used one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is all so lovely! I love snowball tress/bushes and hope to get one here in my place now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am swooning over that gorgeous bench! It looks wonderful in your beautiful yard Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always fun to roam your yard....you have so much room for great vignettes. I'm not a pink lover, but when you pop it with orange it takes the wishy-washy out of it, LOL. Sigh---we are still suffering ugh weather in Chicago! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the washing machine planters. So fun.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!