Blog Archive

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Sittin' on the Back Porch


I'm often asked if I ever stop and just enjoy our home.........and the answer is.....all the time!


This little area off the sun room is one of my favorite "hang outs"


I love our front porch,   but our house is on a busy street and sometimes I want the quietness of the back yard. 

 Don't get me wrong,    I enjoy sitting on the front porch and watching all the cars drive by.     I've lived in New Mexico all of my life so I either know about half the people.....and the other half I'm related to!      I love it when I sit on the front porch and friends honk as they drive by!


I'll take you on a tour of my back porch and the area around it........








Hope you enjoyed the tour!


The lilac bush is in full bloom......


The porch smells heavenly!   

 The snow ball bush is beginning to bloom     so I cut a few of the small ones to mix in with the lilacs





I enjoyed a glass of sweet tea while I was sitting on the porch


I have a lot of different mint plants growing in a vintage grocery cart that I can add to my tea.....


The pads for the wicker furniture.on the porch is the same material that  I used in the sun room.      I was amazed at how far a king comforter,    two sets of sheets,    and a couple of shams would go  ($20 at a yard sale for all of it) !




I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!

14 comments:

  1. Your back porch is lovely. I can almost smell the lilacs. Our lilacs flower at the end of June. Have a lovely Easter!
    Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cozy and beautiful ! Love your imagination put to enchanting design. Thank you Penny, Happy Easter ! (maryanne)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    Your back yard looks so serene and lovely....I like sitting in our backyard the best because
    it is so quiet and peaceful and I can hear all the birds and crickets singing. lol
    Hope you have a lovely Easter. Happy Easter
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your back yard looks so cozy and peaceful! Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a lovely space. I would just want to curl up with a computer or a good book, or maybe just watch the birds. Here in Chicagoland we finally had a gorgeous Easter---and our back porch was usable. That's my place for communing with nature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    I love this porch!! And I like the dark furniture!! It makes everything stand out....I am really looking forward to sitting on out front porch this Summer and also out on the back patio ...Hopefully, we will not get as much rain as we have been having since last year...We have already had severe thunderstorms that caused 5 Tornado's including one in the city of Scranton!! We do not get weather like that!! Things are changing as far as weather here and it is a bit scary!! I am finally all caught up with your posts. I promise to visit more often. My surgery is next Monday and then I will be going to PT 3 times a week. I do love being home and not working and I can not wait until I can get around better than I am now.....I hope you had a lovely Easter!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, What a wonderful peaceful place you have to enjoy. I can just feel the peace.
    I love the sunroom and the patio. I can just feel the cool evening breeze in the hot Summer. Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a beautiful Easter with your family.
    We had much needed rain yesterday afternoon.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could imagine reading and napping there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny, your wonderful back porch will be featured on our next Blogger's Pit Stop. Well done.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow, what a beautiful set up! I don't think I'd ever leave the porch - it is heavenly!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Penny! Just stopping by to let you know that I featured this sweet blog post at the Thursday Favorite Things blog Hop and Linky Party this week. Thanks for sharing at the party! Stop by and see the other features here:
    http://vintagemamascottage.com/2019/04/25/favorite-things-for-a-spring-day/

    Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so relaxing, Penny. Love those green buffalo check pillows! Just wondering, do you know who the Royster family is? My grandfather used to be the owner of the biggest floor covering company in Albuquerque. ;-) Thanks for sharing on Homestyle Gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cozy inviting space and I bet the lilacs smell amazing! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The king comforter to make cushion covers is an excellent idea. The one you chose has such a perfect shabby chic vibe. I love your outdoor space. So perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!