Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Farmhouse Fall Tree in a Wagon


Picking the perfect container to put your design in can set the whole mood for your creation from the get go.   First,   I tried a taller tree in front of the window and put some pumpkins around the bottom of it.    It looked ok,   but I wanted  my fall tree to have some personality.     Then it hit me......put a shorter tree in a wagon,    my wuggy to be exact.  My wuggy is what you get when you marry a wagon to a buggy. 
   


Now that's the kind of container I'm talkin' about....lol!


I couldn't find a full shorter tree in my stash of tree's  that wasn't flocked,   so I decided to put two smaller tree's together to make the full short tree that I had pictured in my vision.


I shopped the house and picked up metal houses / barns,    white enamel animals......all things that you see me use year round in vignettes I make for the house.


I had a couple of metal windmill picks that you've seen me stick in flower baskets that I have out in the yard.


I filled in sparse places between the limbs with fall leaves and berry pieces.


I went out to the Tuff Shed in the back yard that houses my fall decor and brought in some Farmhouse style pillow ticking  pumpkins that I bought last season.     (I noticed that HL is stocking them again this year)


I brought in a couple of the big sunflower centers that I've had for years......


I kept on layering my fall tree with sun flowers,   pink roses,   buffalo check ribbon  and pumpkins.and a sweet buffalo check owl


You can fill your tree with as much or as little as you like.......


After I finished decorating my fall tree,    I gave a crow that I've had for more than 10 years a long over due makeover.


I trimmed his pants with buffalo check ribbon,    gave him a new bow tie,   and sometime over the last few years his original hat disappeared.      All I had on hand was a black derby,    so that became his new hat.    I think he looks quite dapper!


I forgot to get a before photo of him,    so you have to look close on the right side of the before photo to see how he looked earlier .


I moved the ladder that you have seen in the kitchen for a long time into the corner of the family dining room.    Probably should decorate the ladder pretty soon.....lol


What did I put where the ladder was in the kitchen?    The tall pencil tree that I originally had in front of the window.   My Farmhouse Fall tree was so much fun to create,   that I may just do a fall tree in the kitchen too!

I enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!








9 comments:

  1. Penny,
    I LOVE it!!! And the wuggy!! Simply fantastic!!! And your crow is adorable!!! What a great idea to combine 2 trees together!!! I am really itching to decorate for Fall but I will restrain myself and wait until after Labor Day!!Looking forward to see your Fall Kitchen Tree!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Penny, Oh, how cute the wuggy is. I do like your 2 trees to make a full one and the decorations are just the best. It's soft Fall colors that a soothing and peaceful. I like Mr. Dandy Crow with his derby. What a wonderful scene you created. Thanks for sharing. Oh, I like the little ladder in white, maybe some pink roses and buffalo check ribbons etc.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a Fall Tree, it makes it easy to transition to Christmas later. And that "wuggy" is perfect. so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, I love how you decorated that sweet tree. The wuggy is amazing. My favorite things are the flower heads and the pumpkins. Adorable !! Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those ticking pumpkins and the handsome crow. The tree is perfect for your wuggy. I can't wait to see the kitchen tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute tree! Perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable tree! Love that it is in a wagon - so fun, and creative! My mom has kept a tree up all year for as long as I can remember, and we decorate it for each holiday/season. I love the idea of a year round tree. I have chosen this as one of my features for this week's Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Link Party, which goes live today at 5pm EST.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is precious! I am going to have to figure out a way to keep the cats from destroying my tree. We haven't had a Christmas (or other holiday) tree in years because of them.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!