Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Are You Putting up a Fall Tree?


It's been several years since I've put up a fall tree,    and I haven't decided whether I should this year or not


One of the pro's to putting up a fall tree,   is that the furniture has already been moved around to accommodate it saving you a lot of work closer to Christmas .    Another pro is that you can easily add a few Halloween touches to it later.   AND  last but not least,    if you are one of those gals that likes a tree up for a long time.....this idea is for you! 


I've always filled my tree's with owls,  flowers,  and whatever other fally stuff I could find.


One year I had some huge dried sunflower centers that I put in my tree.   

 I was lucky enough to find a neutral Christmas tree at a yard sale for $5 and I loved using it.


When I put the neutral tree in the studio to hold extra flowers to use in my floral designs,   I started using a white tree.


This is one of the many nests that I have made to put in my tree's and use in vignettes year round.


I used a pre made nest as the base and tied "icicle" yarn around it


One year I filled my neutral tree with neutral fall decor......










I saved my all time favorite fall tree for last!


Of course,  my favorite tree is pink......


and it's an upside down tabletop tree......


There are more details about how to make a tree on my blog post......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/10/lets-make-upside-down-christmas-tree.html


Well,   I listed the pro's of putting up a fall tree.....what about the con's?    I could enjoy looking at a lit tree all year long,   so no con's for me!

I enjoy your visits so much,   please come back soon!











6 comments:

  1. Penny,
    I love your Fall Tree!! You know that I keep Trees up all year round and I will be switching out the white Tree in the corner of the Living Room for the slim 7 foot evergreen tree that I decorate for Fall, Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter...I am really itching to decorate for Fall but I will wait until after Labor Day. I am now officially RETIRED so I will have a lot of time to play!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, I love all the tree's you do. I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Fall trees are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will just enjoy all the decor in blogland this year...I can barely handle the fall-out from the garden to deal with. I'm loving the simplicity you have interjected into your home this year. I'm sure whatever you decide will work wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny I love your idea of a fall tree. I was taken with the large acorn hanging on the right side of the tree in the picture. Any idea where it was purchased. I woulod love to have one. Thanks from a friend new to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about putting up a fall tree. I haven't had one in about 6 or 7 years. I just feel in the mood for one but I'm not sure. Your trees are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!