Blog Archive

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Cattails & Copper in the Farmhouse Fall Bath


Last week I began the process of downsizing the fall & Halloween decor I have collected over the years and just keeping the pieces that I really love. 
 I was so excited when I found a teacher that was able to use several totes of fall decor that I no longer needed and was going to use them to decorate the their classroom for fall and Halloween.


These beautiful cattails had made their way to the bottom of a tote and I forgot I had them.     I've had them for years and don't even remember where they came from but it was like finding an old friend......and I couldn't wait to use them in my fall decorating this year.


I have a method to my madness.....lol,,,, and at the beginning of the season or holiday I take a walk thru the house and kind of make a flexible plan in my head of how I might decorate each room.    I hadn't come up with an theme for the hall bath yet and when I came across the cattails my plan for the hall bath fell into place.


I put copper pumpkins with the cattails and loved how they looked together.


You guys know me....of course I had to add some pink to the mix!


I like to use lots of textures in my vignettes.     I have fuzzy cattails,    velvet pumpkins,  woven baskets......


More texture is added with the use of checked hand towels,    metal pumpkins and silk roses.


I'm not really locked into a specific decorating style.....I love all of them 


You may see farmhouse,  shabby chic,   maybe a little cottage style all used side by side in a vignette I've created.


I decorate with pieces that I love and somehow it all comes together to create a look that I like.


I finished this side of the hall bath yesterday........


and I hope to finish the other side of the hall bath soon!


I always enjoy your visits so much,    please come back again soon!

7 comments:

  1. Good morning Penny, Just when I thought your decorations couldn't get prettier; you find these cattails and copper pumpkins with the little pink towels. Oh, my word are these beautiful. Now that says Fall like nothing else, nice soft and warm.
    Thank you, thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutelt love the coppers with pale blush pink like that... You have the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I am downsizing my fall and Halloween too. Great idea to give the totes to a teacher.

    Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Darling! I love the copper and pink together - your work is so creative Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely color combination! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    I adore those copper pumpkins!! I have always kept the copper items in my Kitchen as i have always loved copper. And those velvet pumpkins are so very pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have decorated beautifully. Velvet pumpkins are so lovely. I also love copper pumpkins. Thanks Panny for sharing your talents at "Love Your Creativity."

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!