Blog Archive

Monday, September 2, 2019

How to Create a Fall Master Bedroom the Easy Way


I want to share how I made changes to the master bedroom to create a new look for fall......the easy way.     


The nights will begin to get cooler with the onset of fall,    so I added a pretty quit to the end of the bed.


During the spring/summer,    I like for the bedroom to have a lighter airier look.    I added new cord covers to the chandeliers for a heavier fall/ winter feel.


I found my buffalo check covers in of all places......the Christmas isle at Hobby Lobby.....lol!


I added fall flowers to the existing floral designs.......


My favorite fall flower is the sunflower........


Since I'm just adding to the existing floral designs in the room,    I chose to use the same yellow sunflower in each of them.


I tucked matching yellow sunflowers in the existing floral designs on the mantel......


I replaced the metal barns I had on each side of the fireplace with white pumpkins.




I changed out the pillows on the bed and used my new sunflowers pillows that I found at Joann's.     I bought them recently in the clearance isle.....50% off and I had a coupon for another 20% off of that. 


I love throw pillows and have to admit that I have way too many of them.      I try to only buy covers so storage doesn't become a problem and I move them around from room to room for a fresh look all the time.


The buffalo check pillows I just took off of the bed are now in the trunk and you may see them next in the family room....lol!
  

I tucked my last yellow sunflower in the sewing machine drawer on my vintage radio.     


I hope to find a spray of small yellow sunflowers to add to the wreath that's hung on the chesser to complete my fall decorating in the master bedroom.


The master bedroom doesn't scream fall,    it quietly whispers   "fall is on the way"





10 comments:

  1. I like the bed and that old sewing machine! Thanks so much for linking up at the #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty 41.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Penny, Hope you had a nice get together with your family over the Labor Day. I like your changes to your bedroom. Black and white buffalo print is all the rage again. I just got a new Front Door catalog and it is full of items that are in black and white buffalo print. There are cow pictures too that very cute. I was entertained for a few hours when I got that catalog.
    Keep up the great work.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I just want to lie down on your bed, pull the quilt over me, read a few chapters of my book and have a nap! I like the way you "eased" into fall; I did that with a tobacco basket on my front hall door--used off white and yellow sunflowers--subtly which is not me usually. I'm usually SCREAMING with color. See--I'm learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! The only problem is I would never leave the bedroom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the buffalo check, but I think the sunflower additions are my favorite!
    It's my favorite time of year, and adding touches of autumn in my home is such a happy, heartwarming activity. Thanks for the inspiration, and thank you for sharing this week at our Encouraging Hearts & Home blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you created fall in your bedroom, Penny. I love Fall and it's 'whisper'. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your lovely seasonal updates at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    Love the black and white buffalo checked items and the other pops of black in this pretty room!!Looks nice and cozy for the Fall months and cooler weather to come!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bed is so inviting! I'm in the process of redoing one of my guest rooms. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!