Blog Archive

Friday, January 24, 2020

There's a New Chicken in the Hen House


I had been checking on this chicken since way back in early November.....hoping the store would still have some left when the after Christmas sale started.


I kept checking and ....still some left after Christmas.....but only 50% off


I had given up!    H and I popped in Tractor Supply a couple of days ago to get some cat food so I checked again.


FINALLY......a figure I could live with!    $14.99....75%off   Only one was left and it was mine! 


I couldn't wait to get her home....take off her Christmas hat....and plug her in!


I try very hard not to buy decor that I can only use at Christmas.    I plan to keep her out year round.
   

I am already planning to use her in my Patriotic vignettes....all lit up....with a red white and blue neck tie


I have her set on an over sized mailbox in the entry.     The cabinet next to her has a hint of Valentine decor,  but you have to look close to find it....lol!    I have a pink check heart in the center of the small wreath,    Then I have my chicken sitting on a nest of buffalo check hearts instead of eggs!


They kinda look like eggs,  don't they?


I had my Farmhouse rules sign on the front porch all last summer and decided to use it inside for a while.    Who knows where it will show up again.....


I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!

10 comments:

  1. Your sweet chicken was just waiting to live in your beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think you bought my Hen...LOL She was supposed to be sent to my house...lol..I love Chickens and have them in my kitchen too...they are so fun..I have to admit she does look HAPPY IN YOUR BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS HOME, so I will let you keep her...lol Hugsto you...JoeyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. HPS! It was nice to see you here. Thanks for sharing, that chicken is quite sweet. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that chicken! What a deal. I'll have to be on the lookout for one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting a whole set of those animals... the chicken, pig, cow... would love them all! Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love that someone besides me re-checks after holidays for further markdowns! Very glad that one was there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, What's the brand or company on that sweet hen? Maybe we can find one online. You really scored big finding her. She is a beautiful hen too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lucky that they still had one left - sounds like it was meant to be! And those after Christmas sales are the best! Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks so cute out in the snow! Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!