Blog Archive

Monday, September 7, 2020

Creating a Fall Mantel the Easy Way


Have you ever designed the decor on your mantel and loved it so much you just couldn't bring yourself to take it down when a new season or holiday came around?    Well,  that's where I'm at now....lol!     The thought of taking the decor down made me cringe.....so I decided I would just leave the "bones" of the currant decor up and add fall touches to it.

I started by adding a fun pick up that Walmart is carrying in their fall decor this year.   I took out the black and orange pumpkins that were in the bed and replaced them with a single large pumpkin that fit into my fall color scheme better.





Next,   I added 3 fabric pumpkins to the mantel that match the ones I used in a wreath I made to hang over the sofa that is across from the fireplace.


The last change I made to the existing decor was to add a garland to the doily banner I already had hanging across the mantel


The pumpkin garland I hung over the doily banner is one is a premade one that I bought at Hobby Lobby last season.    It  only took about 15 minutes to transform my existing mantel decor into a fall theme,   so I had plenty of time left to make some fall changes to the area around the fireplace.


I made a simple fall centerpiece for the coffee table by placing a buffalo check pumpkin in a pink floral wreath


I put a pumpkin pillow in the chair by the fireplace......and another one in the basket by the side table.


I still liked the floral design I had on the table so I left it and added a pink velvet pumpkin and a framed print to the vignette.


Then,   I moved onto the other end of the fireplace.......


I love the new pumpkin pillow covers I just got in from Amazon!    When I ordered my set,   they were 6 covers for $13,  now they are 6 for $18.....still a good buy!     https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X7D4YFZ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_image_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


I put a pink velvet pumpkin and framed print like I have on the other table.
   

I wanted to share a little info about my new truck......


I haven't seen this truck at any of our Walmart's,   so I ordered it online  ($13)   I wanted to be able to use it year round so I removed the black and orange pumpkins in the bed.   I tell ya,  they did not come quietly....lol!   Needless to say,  they were "trash" when they finally came out! 


The fall family room is coming together......I plan to take you guys on a tour later.


The changes to the fireplace from summer to fall were subtle....


If you missed my post sharing the fall family dining room.  here's a link to it......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2020/08/kicking-off-my-fall-decorating.html

 Come back soon!







7 comments:

  1. Good morning Penny, Well we just welcomed in Winter with rain and snow this morning here in Northern Colorado. The only good things out of this is moisture to put out the fires and wash the air. The farmers are going to lose a lot of crops. Now that I have told you what's happening here on Tuesday morning Sept 8th.
    I love your pumpkins and new pickup. What fun you must have decorating with all those choices.
    I think the pink velvet might be the top of my list.
    Thanks for sharing all your fun.
    Wow, where is this year going???
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so cute. I love the black truck. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pumpkin touches. The doily garland is amazing what a wonderful touch to your mantel. The black truck is a super nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love velvet pumpkins! Thanks for sharing your fall mantel at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE, love, love your Fall Mantel, Penny! Congratulations I'm featuring you this week at the TFT party! Thank you so much for sharing!! Happy Almost Fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decor is always the prettiest! I love the touches you added in this room for fall!

    Thanks for sharing and linking it up with us on the Embracing Home and Family link-up party. I hope you link-up with us again tomorrow!

    -Cherelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mantel changes look great!! The pink velvet pumpkin caught my eye!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!