Blog Archive

Sunday, September 6, 2020

How to Decorate with Corrugated Metal and Calendars



The 2021 calendars are out and I am thrilled to see that a lot of them are featuring Farmhouse style pictures.    I have decorated with calendars for years,   just like my grandmother did many years ago.     I can remember her walls were decorated with about  the only things that were available for her back then.......family photo's and calendars that she received in the mail from business's they bought animal feed from. 


I needed a way to hang my calendar pictures so H covered my open shelving in the upper corner kitchen cabinets with corrugated metal.    I seldom use the dishes that are stored there and I can easily get into them if I need to by simply removing the 4 screws H used to attached them.


I was already using corrugated metal as a back splash behind the stove top & sink,   so I thought it would be a perfect choice to cover the open shelving.


AND,   a great place to easily hang my calendar prints!


In addition to hanging my calendar prints,   I also use easels with backs on them to set my prints on.


I want to share how I hang my prints on the corrugated metal with you guys......






Ya'll know me well enough to know that I can't end my post without showing how the kitchen looked before & after....lol!




I love the cleaner less cluttered look the kitchen has now without the shelving being open.....


I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!







10 comments:

  1. This looks really good Penny. I always love the ideas you come up with. How did you attach it? Thanks, have a fun Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Penny ~ I love your whimsical, charming designs, and look forward to your page each day. Thanks for sharing, and hope you had a great weekend ! :) Best, maryanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning,
    I am playing catch up from being off over the long weekend.
    Love the trucks and pictures. Thanks for the great ideas about the pictures.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these ideas!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that idea! I have been holding out for our Dollar Tree to get the farmhouse calendars, but maybe I just need to head to Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continued prayers for strength and comfort for your family, Penny.I am so sorry for the loss of your niece. Crafting and decorating are good therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a clever way to use corrugated metal, Penny. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your kitchen decor at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! Thank you for sharing at Embracing Home and Family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny,
    I like to use pictures from past calendars too!! I have framed them and even taped them over calendars that i really do not care for the pictures on!!
    What you did with them look lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!