Blog Archive

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Deconstructed Sofa


I have been wanted to attempt a deconstructed sofa for a while,   and finally got up the courage to "just do it"     


It was a lot harder to remove all the existing fabric than I thought it would be!   


H used a screw driver to pry a little piece of the fabric from the frame....then grabbed on to the piece of fabric with a pair of pliers and used his muscles to pull the fabric off!     I tried to pull some of it myself,  but I wasn't strong enough....lol!   Under the upholstery fabric was a heavy white fabric that we left ......for now


There were millions of staples and it took a long time to remove all of them.           


I left the original batting on the seat and just covered it with a crocheted piece that I had on hand.    Then I scattered some pillows across the back and called it a day.....for now.    I will decide at a later date how much further I want to go with the reconstruction.



I can sit in the sun and enjoy a cup of coffee,    or pull the sofa up to the dining table if we need extra seating there.


The original fabric looked pretty good,   but was aging and had began to fray in a lot of places....

The sofa now goes better with the farmhouse look that I love so much



I always enjoy your visits so much,    please come back again soon!



 

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, well hope you have some great luck putting this to the way you want it. I sure love the canvas look you see so much of, and this sofa definitely has great bones. Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this makeover. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful piece before and after. I'm interested to see if you take it further. Thanks for posting with us at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, I've been wanting to try this myself! I have an upholstered chair in the basement waiting to be deconstructed. I love how yours came out! Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story! Link Party. You've been featured this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! It's amazing, I never would have thought of this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!