Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Spring Sofa Table and Cuckoo Clock Birdhouses


H custom built a sofa table for me a couple of months ago and I couldn't wait to decorate it for spring......with a touch of Easter.   


From the moment I started planning how I was going to decorate the sofa table,   I knew that I wanted to include my cuckoo clock bird houses in my design.     H made these for me several years ago from old damaged cuckoo clocks that we bought at an auction.    I have had them hung on the wall in past years,  but this year I wanted to update them by attaching them to a pedestal.  


I also was excited to use my new pillow covers from Amazon for the first time.


They came in a 4 pack from Amazon and this was my favorite one.    Spring on a ladder....how fun!


Now for a look at the other side of the sofa table......


   This side of the sofa table is decorated very similar to the other side......the birdhouse is smaller is the main difference.


I love the way the pedestal really dressed up my cuckoo clock birdhouses.    Here are a few links to posts that I had done in the past using my cuckoo clock birdhouses.....

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2014/02/cuckoo-clock-birdhouses.html

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2016/04/cuckoo-clock-birdhouses.html

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2014/07/vintage-sewing-machine-drawers-and.html
 


This is another pillow cover that was in my 4 pack.....


On the mirror over the sofa table I have hung my metal Flower Bar sign that you may remember seeing before in the formal dining room......
http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2020/01/french-farmhouse-banner-lavender-flower.html

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2020/12/christmas-dining-room.html


You've seen me use this metal flower vase so many times,   it's one of my favorites!    I added Rae Dunn spring eggs to it this time to give it a little different look....lol! 


My sweet bunny is new this year......I bought it in the clearance isle at Michael's last year so this is her debut! 


I always enjoy your visits so much.....please come back again soon!

 

12 comments:

  1. SO many pretty spring touches; I am loving those pillows from Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy looking at all your pretties! The sofa table that you husband built for you is a perfect place for display. The way you layer and elevate items adds to the adorable factor. Always something for the eye to spy! Recycling the cuckoo clocks is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Flower Bar sign looks cutewith the bunnies and floral's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny!!

    I absolutely love what you’ve done with the couch table!! I love how fresh it looks. Spring is such a beautiful time when we can enjoy colours inside and outside. So looking forward to seeing them!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how long it would take for PINK to spring from your fingertips---Spring is a great time...loving the new ledge/table! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. The re-done cuckoo clocks are awesome!! Never saw anything like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo pretty! Love the soft pink and the box of blooms! Your new pillow covers are adorable!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. right now I am so into chicken wire and think I am in love how you used it... thanks for sharing come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many lovely spring touches! I love the subtle touches of pink and how whimsical it all feels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny I am always inspired by all you and Mr. H do in your home. Theres always so much to see and I find much inspiration from your posts. Just the little cuckoo clock birdhouse is darling but so many more too.

    I hope that you will stop by and share your blog to give my viewers a chance to enjoy your home this week on #OMHGWW Linky Party

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is adorable. I love it. I've been on the look out for a cuckoo clock.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!