Blog Archive

Monday, August 2, 2021

Cabinet Drawer Repurposed as a Coffee Table Tray



What is the best and most inexpensve accessory you can purchase for your coffee table......a tray!    Trays come in all sizes and shapes but today I used a cabinet drawer that I had on hand to corral the vignette I was creating for my coffee table.

 
I think the most common mistake I make when decorating my coffee table is OVER DECORATING. 


A tray or in this case a drawer will give me boundries     You can style a coffee table without a tray,  but they add texture and lots of eye appeal to your coffee table.


Does my tray look familiar to you?   Well, you have seen it before in the kitchen.....under the Hoosier.     Here's a link to that post if you would like more info on how I used drawers to organize my kitchen.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/07/unique-kitchen-drawers-used-as-storage.html


I styled my tray over the week end and found time to go to a few yard sales too......


I love to decorate with farm aminals and found these wicker and metal animals so unique!


My new cow and pig look so cute on the mantel!


Is anyone else thinking about fall decorating yet?


I will be flipping my pillow over to the fall side in just a few weeks! 


I should have said  "pillows" since I have another one on the sofa that will need to be flipped too.

I'm so glad that you stopped by today,   come back again soon!



 

9 comments:

  1. Hi, yes it is! I didn't have that post ready, but I should have it up tomorro.....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! Love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that was a new table too. I went back to look at older posts to
    look at the table you had. Everything looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning,
    I like the drawer - tray on the coffee table. The cow with the cart in the tray is so cute.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever with your ideas, switching the pillows, and the tray is so cute, I love that it is a drawer, not to mention using more drawers with cute appliqued pictures for storage. Thank you for sharing on #omhgww Have a Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    Love the idea of a drawer for a tray!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!