Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

New Wall Decor in the Sunroom, DIY Faux Spring Tree, & More

  
Every time I looked at the wall decor in the sunroom,   I've thought to myself ........I really need to change out those miss matched mirrors on each side of the sofa.      


I tried to replace the mirrors with some pictures that I had on hand and the wall looked a little busy to me.   I had something simpler in mind so I headed over to Hobby Lobby to check out their wall decor while it was 50% off this week.     


I fell in love with the simplicity of these windows and thought they might be just what I was looking for.    I brought them home.  hung them.  and love the way they look




Now for a look at how the other side turned out.....



I found a new home for one of the mirrors and can't wait to share how it looks in an upcoming post.

After the windows were hung,   I turned my attention to the sofa table.    


 
 Hobby Lobby had red delivery trucks at Christmas and although I really liked them,    I didn't want to commit that much money for a red truck.    When I saw the white ones in the new spring decor I knew I could use it year round in my vignettes     My new white truck will be used to deliver milk,  cream, butter, and cheese.    I can also use it in other vignettes to deliver flowers,   veggies....etc   



I used a barn and a Farm Sweet Farm sign in my vignette.....


and of course a cow!

I switched my faux greenery plants in the sunroom around a bit....


 
I  gave my faux Ficus a Spring make over.....


And moved it to the other side of the sofa. 







Thank you so much for stopping by....come back again soon!



















 

9 comments:

  1. Good morning, Love the Sunroom make over. What a great idea for a tree to make it seasonal.
    Love the milk truck and cow. I hope I can find one of the trucks at Hobby Lobby too.
    God bless you and Mr H. Keep up the fun, uplifting work.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny! Oh, everything is so pretty! I just adore your decorating style and you really know how to put a room together!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely -I love the new plant! Very pretty. #FriendshipFriday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Especially since I bought those same windows a few weeks ago! Great minds think alike!! Have a wonderful week! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    I love those windows and you bought them at Hobby Lobby??/ Did I mention that they are going to be building one 5 minutes away from me??That could become a deadly situation, you know!! LOL!! LOVE the sun room and I adore that sofa!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. The windows look amazing! Thanks for sharing - feel free to join us on Tuesday Turn About this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely change. I love, love those windows. When I first looked at them before reading your article, I thought they were a great thrifting or estate sale find. I was really surprised to learn that you got them at HL. Good for you. Your sunroom is comfy cozy. Thanks for sharing at #OMHGWW. I will pin and tweet if buttons are available. Let the spring decorating begin. :) See you next week.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!