Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

A Tour of Our Christmas Family Room decorated in Pastels

 


Here in the family room.... relaxing in our recliners.... is where you will find H & I almost every evening  this time of year   



 I chose pastel colors.....mostly pink and white with touches of blue.... .... for my Christmas decor to create a calm and relaxing atmosphere for the holidays.

 
I used lots of lights to add plenty of sparkle to our Christmas family room....


I also like to decorate with mirrors to add sparkle to a wall that would not have any if not for a mirror



H and I are empty nesters so we don't feel we need one of those big TV's that most family rooms have.  Our small TV is hidden behind the cover you see on  the armoire sitting in the corner of the family room.    I remove the cover if there's a program on that we want to watch,  but I hate to see the black hole that a TV leaves in a room when it's not in use.     I also have a pretty pink floral screen saver that I use sometimes as well.    .
 

I have a cluster of three lit white tree's at the end of the sofa....


And,    I also have a pink tree on each side of the fireplace,   so that makes a total of 5 tree's in the family room.....can you really have too many????   I don't think so!


You can see a glimpse of the sunroom thru the opening into it from the family room.       I am decorating it in gold and pink this year and I can't wait to share it with you when I'm finished.    I also am almost thru with our Christmas kitchen,   so I still have lots to share!  

Merry Christmas!




 

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing fireplace you have! And the room is decorated so beautifully for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas family room is beautiful Penny. I love the pink trees... I went with a pink tree in the craft room this year too. They are so shabbilicious!!
    Thank you for sharing your Christmas decor at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your family room at the party tomorrow and pinning too.
    Merry Christmas,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!