Blog Archive

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Romantic Dining Room


 

H & I are empty nesters and we enjoy having a glass of wine and a romantic dinner in the evening pretty much every night.....but I try hard to make our meal  extra special around Valentines day.   A few more candles on the table and a fresh flower arrangement can make all the difference in the world when you're trying to add some romance to your tablescape...don't you agree !



I've already shared how I decorated one corner of the dining room and the builtin cabinet and I'll recap those area's at the end of my post. 
 

Right now though,   I want to share the sweet Valentine confectionaries that I made to create my vignette on the other side of the sofa.


I had so much fun creating Valentine cookies using cardboard cutouts with paper hearts glued on them    I put my hearts on sticks to create a cookie bouquet in a cardboard storage box


I made my Valentine pies and breads several years ago using styrofoam,  moss   and dried flowers


Here's how they looked when they debuted in 2017 and a link to that post.....         http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/03/mud-pies-and-pink-garden-hose-spring.html     


The Valentine theme I used in the dining room is all about Boston Terriers ....
 

I have pillows,   figures,  prints,  and all kinds of stuff with Boston Terriers on them


Now for a little tour of the dining area that I promised earlier in my post......

Here is the view of the dining room from the pass thru between it and the kitchen.....


This photo was taken showing the view from the dining room to the kitchen


The built in cabinet is at the far end of the dining room


I have a Boston Terrier print on the ledge of the lit cabinet.....
 

And last but not least is the view into the back yard thru the big picture window in the dining room
  
 Thank you so much for stopping by.....come back soon!

3 comments:

  1. The room is really lovely. The pie and breads are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Penny! Your dining room is so lovely! I am super inspired by your design eye. I would love to invite you to link up your project at Whimsy Home Wednesdays to inspire others and have a chance to be featured – find the party here -> https://fifthsparrownomore.com/whimsy-home-wednesday-blog-link-party-no-14/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Penny! The hosts and I couldn’t stop thinking about this beautiful dining room! I’m excited to tell you this post is being featured in Whimsy Home Wednesday Link party this week! Thanks for joining us and I hope to see you at the party this week! Pinning! https://fifthsparrownomore.com/whimsy-home-wednesday-blog-link-party-no-15/

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!