Blog Archive

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Late Summer Mantel


I love summer,   but once August hits...... my mind starts spinning with fall ideas.


I resisted the urge to add a few pumpkins to my late summer mantle decor.....


BUT  I do think the dried sunflowers and  cute pink owl give a hint of fall to my centerpiece.   


The inspiration for my late summer mantel was all the gorgeous flowers that are in bloom in our back yard....


I gave one of my metal houses a mini makeover by embellishing it with some Flower Barn paper prints.


I added an Organic Sunflower sign to the roof of the flower barn....


I have noticed that barns in our area sometimes have signage on the roofs and I wanted my barn to have some too....


The other metal piece received a similar makeover....


It is now the Melody Springs Farm barn....

 

I am delighted with the fresh late summer look I created for the mantel.    And I am very proud of myself for not tucking a few pumpkins into my vignette....lol!


This is how the barns looked on the mantel in the family room a few Christmas's ago....pretty plain Jane!


In my next post,   
I will share close up's of the sunflower quilt that I have on the bed....see you soon!



 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely decor for this time of the Summer season, Penny!! Thanks so much for sharing at Home Imagined this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these barns and their makeover Penny! I love the roof image and how you breathed new life into them. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Penny, I just love it! I found you over at Karins Kottage Linky Party, thanks for sharing your talents. I love your warm and welcoming home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny - Your mantel is so charming. I love the barns and the makeover you gave them. Thank you for linking up with Home Imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny, I love your late summer mantel!! It is adorable with the little barns on top ~ a little village!!! ;) Very cute! I was very happy to share your mantel (as you know) at Share Your Style #400 this past week.

    Hope you are staying cool out there in New Mexico. 110 here in North Texas today... I'm done, lol!
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!