Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Coastal Fall Vignette


Today, I'm sharing what I call a "pre-fall" vignette that I created
for the sofa table in the family room.....

I know it's a little early, but my thought is.... when the kids go back to school  .....it's Fall!  




The pastel Coastal Fall print was part of the inspiration for my "pre-fall" vignette 



Another part of my inspiration was a sailboat that I had just finished designing.... 
 



I had always thought it would be fun to create a Shabby Chic sailboat....

And since, I have already began developing a Fall Coastal theme in other parts of our home....now was my chance!   



I could use some of the lovely vintage crocheted pieces in those baskets under the sofa table to create my shabby chic sailboat!  



I have cherished my stash of crocheted pieces over the years since
most of them were either made by my Mother or Grandma.    I was so excited to get some of my favorite pieces out of the baskets & out where I can see them!    I pinned each one carefully to the boat so there was no damage & they can easily be removed....



I tucked a few crocheted pieces into the Sand Pails that are part of the Fall vignette....


 



A few more prints added to the vignette completed the look I was going for!


 



I constructed my sailboat by marrying a piece of wall art
 that I just bought 66% off at Hobby Lobby ......AND....



 I found the bottom of my sailboat in the newly expanded Coastal section at Hobby Lobby. 
It wasn't on sale,  but was a good buy at $15.00



I can't even imagine how many hours it took to crochet the piece that 
I have draped on the sofa table....lol!


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from my friends!