Blog Archive

Thursday, July 26, 2018

It's All in the Details and the Tweeking


I have been posting some changes I made in the family room over the last few days......and now I want to share the details and tweeking I did later. 
   I nearly always see changes I want to make in the room when I'm editing the photo's  and writing up the post..    I usually don't take time to photograph the changes,   but I had some extra time today and thought it would be fun to show you what I changed.


Before.....................................................................................After

I added a lace screen to the front of the fireplace for a change.    I borrowed it from the fireplace in the master bedroom,   so it is just a temporary change.     


H painted the frames on each side of the fireplace a soft white.


Yes,    I have pumpkin pics in the frames. 
  I've seen so much fall stuff in the stores that I was in the mood for pumpkins today!     I can easily change them when my mood changes.....lol!


Before..........................................................After


Here's the other side of the fireplace........



More white pumpkins........


Before ..............................................................After


I styled the piano top just the other day and when I edited the photo's I wasn't really happy with the look.


Before....too much grey,  no pink                                        After....pink pick up and pink tractor added for some color


I was tired of the centerpiece I had on the coffee table   so I sent it to the studio for a while.     You'll see it again! 

 I didn't put a new centerpiece on the coffee table because I needed a place to put some snacks out for company tonight.   I'll create a new centerpiece next week for it.


I did add a simple floral design to the tobacco basket under the coffee table.

My design is just a bush of roses tucked into a metal bucket.


Til next time........










7 comments:

  1. Keep Up the great work Penny such Beauty all around you.It must make you smile walking into every room of your lovely home.H did a fabulous paint job on your frames much better looking white .you have such great ideas thank you for sharing with us ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much fun you have with all your changes. You have some really pretty things, Penny. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the Old Farmers Market enamel trough? I would like to go looking for one.
    I check into your feed often, but don't usually comment. But I do have a question. Where do you find most of your decor? I don't get out much anymore so most of mine is from online shopping. I used to be a big fan (and still am) vintage markets. There is only one in my area this summer and not until the end of August.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Love the pictures of pumpkins! Did you see the line of pastels that Michael's has for the Fall??? Beautiful colors!! I thought of you when I fist saw it all at Micahel's!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have such a lovely home Penny. It doesn't matter how often you change things around, your style is always so distinctive. I bet I would recognize it anywhere. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love your creativity at Merry Monday! Can't wait to see what you're up to next week! Where has the summer gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely updates, Penny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!