Blog Archive

Saturday, December 8, 2018

New Doors for the Christmas Entry and a Tour



Before the tour of my Christmas entry,    I wanted to show you the new doors that H put up yesterday. 
 I have wanted doors to close off the opening between the entry and the formal living /  dining room for quite a while.     I keep all my treasured heirlooms in the formal living room and sometimes I would like to shut it off from my sweet little grandchildren and the pets they bring with them to visit us!

H and I were looking thru one of the out buildings last week  to see if there was any Christmas decor that we could donate and I ran across these  panels in the very back.   When I bought them years ago at a yard sale,   there were 3 of them hinged together and they were a pinky peach color.     H painted them white.....separated  them ......and put one on each side of the opening.    I still have one left and hope I can find just the right spot for it.


When the panels are open,     you can see into the formal living / dining room......

When they are closed........all my treasures are safe  from curious little hands and pets.         


Okay,   now for the tour.     I'll start at the front door.

I have a pretty pastel Nativity 


Here is the view of the entry from the doorway into the kitchen......


Here's view from the formal living / dining room


Here's another view with the panels open.......


An here's a view from the hallway that leads to the bedrooms,  utility room,   and baths. 
 This is the only view of the entry that I haven't shared in an earlier post.      H custom made this piece of furniture using odds and ends he had on hand.    The bottom is a piece my mother had,    the top piece belonged to a long bedroom dresser,   and he added some bed posts to the sides.


I have a simple pom pom wreath hung in front of the mirror


I have blingy tree's that I made on two of the shelves....... 


There are vintage reindeer next to my tree's


On the top shelf,   I have a pink reindeer and a simple white bottle brush tree.    


A metal Peace sign and brass reindeer......


The floral design looks like I used white poinsettia's in it,    they are actually a very soft pink......


And the stars of this vignette is the big brass deer........


And Santa!


I hope you enjoyed the tour of my Christmas entry! 

 I love it when you stop by for a visit......come back soon!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I love the total impact of this space. Good idea about those doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doors are perfect for the doorway, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful, Penny ! So in awe of your creative mind. Thanks so much for sharing !! I look forward to your page every day. :) Happy Holidays to you ! maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, What Winter Wonder Land!!! I look forward to your posts. Thanks for the beautiful lovely pictures. The sweet faces on the little reindeer, oh how precious.
    I want to share something with all of you. On Saturday in was in a grocery store and this little boy ran up to me and threw his arms around me and hugged me. He was eating a plum and juice was all over him, but I didn't care as he was so sweet. He said something to me and I looked at his mother and she said he is asking if you will be his friend. I asked her how hold he is and she said 4 years old. I smiled and said yes and told him what a kind young man he is. I have not had such a sweet touching moment from a child I didn't know. It is amazing how loving children can be. When I was leaving he said to his mother she is a beautiful lady. He gave me the greatest Christmas present I will get for a long time. He looked right up into my face with such love and trust.
    I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas of love and joy.
    Penny, don't ever quit posting as you and H make such special moments for all of us.
    Thank you.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those vintage reindeer, they remind me of my childhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, your vintage reindeer are darling! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Love how you used the doors to close off the formal living /dining room! What a smart idea!! I also love your vintage reindeer!! Your entryway looks simply enchanting this year...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!