Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Mini Back Porch Makeover


H and I spend lots of time relaxing on the back porch. 
   I was sitting out there yesterday and wondered what I could do that day to take my mind off of our currant situation.     I thought to myself ......hmmm.....I'll do a mini makeover on the back porch.    So,  with a lot of help from H.....here's what we accomplished yesterday! 
H hung chippy windows on each side of the fireplace......hung sheer drapes behind each window......replaced the pedestals on each side of the fireplace with rusty milk cans filled with fern plants.....and hung a pink chandelier on each end of the fireplace.
  While he was doing all that,   I hung a window over the mantel......put a new vignette on the mantel.....put a new floral design on the coffee table.....  dug out 2 birdcages from the studio to put on each side of the milk cans and a fireplace screen to place in front of the fireplace.


I thought a new furniture arrangement would be nice......





I moved the settee's from the sides of the fireplace and angled them kind of in front of it.     By doing that it gave me room to bring in more seating......so,  I put a black wrought iron chair on each end of the fireplace.




 



With the fireplace wall on the back porch finished,  the afternoon was only half over,   so we made some changes to the ends of the porch.    H constructed "chicken wire walls"  for me to hang garden flag art on,  farmhouse signs.....whatever I want!   I quickly hung a couple of cow flags on two of the walls,   and still have 2 walls left to decorate another day


The back porch really came to life late in the afternoon when we turned on the lights.....





I have to admit we were both pretty tired at the end of the day.......but it was a good tired!     I hope you are all holding up well in these very stressful times.......Stay home and Stay safe......



14 comments:

  1. Hi Penny! Oh, this is so adorable. You really have the touch. Right now and nice porch is such a blessing since we aren't supposed to mingle in the public. I pray you and yours are safe and sound.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the black and white scheme, and I'm never fond of black and white. It has a sophistication though and surrounded with all the green, the white and natural woods are perfect for a neutral palette. Looks like a fun place to be! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice. What a great place to spend time.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your back porch! What a great place to relax, which is especially important in these unusual and unsettled times. Thanks for sharing. You've inspired me to get out and do something "pretty".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny good morning,
    Well, here in Northern Colorado at foot of the Great Rocky Mountains we are getting freezing rain and have lots of ice. We may have snow by this evening. It wasn't fun trying to scrape ice this morning.
    Your beautiful, beautiful backyard gave me the lift I needed this morning. Oh, those gorgeous Boston ferns are so uplifting. I would crowd a sunroom with them if I had one. I love the cow flags too, oh everything is just over the top uplifting.
    I can hardly wait to starting planting flowers. I crowd my porch and make it a secret grotto. From the outside coming up my drive one can see only a flower bed, but not what's on my porch. When you step into porch/patio it's the "wow factor" most years. I like lots of color with my ferns.
    Please enjoy your family and home for all of us. Thanks for sharing. Seeing your blog is like reading my favorite book over and over.
    God bless you and Mr H for all you do to uplift us.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is divine Miss Penny...I think this porch decor is my favorite Spring one so far. It has a farmhouse tropics look. You are soooo talented...thank you for always sharing your gifts with us...great inspiration. Stay well...safe...and at peace.
    BLESSINGS and LOVE
    Stefeni

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the look so very charming love how you use the classical black and white theme to build off of
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magical!! I especially love the pink chandeliers and the fence panels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is beautiful. I VERY much love your ferns. Wow, they are just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy all of your pictures that you take. some give me ideas but will wait until it gets a little warmer here. I've got lots of things I can use so that will help me. Mine will be outside only, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks really lovely! What a wonderful way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet and farmy and cozy and fresh and fun! Love it as I do with all of your displays and decor! That is the best way to spend a day in my book! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!