Blog Archive

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Vintage Coca Cola Wooden Crate Filled for the 4th


The summer is just flying by and the 4th of July is just around the corner.     

Creating centerpieces was one of the first things that appealed to me when I became interested in decorating our home....many many years ago        One of the first jobs I had when H & I were first married was to work at a local florist part time....then later I worked part time for a interior decorator doing her floral designs.      So,  as you can see I have always loved flowers and use them A LOT in my decorating!


I wanted to create a 4th of July centerpiece for the entry and chose a vintage Coca Cola crate to use as the container    I've had this old crate for years and absolutely love the faded worn look it has    It's one of those wooden crates that holds four 6 packs of Coke so it's easier to fill than some of the crates that have 24 individual sections for bottles.


I like to use old baseballs in my Patriotic decor.........


And I love to use them next to a mirror so it looks like I have a whole lot of them....lol!


I sat a silver wine bucket in one of my crate's sections and filled it with white roses.


My Uncle Sam figure and a sweet banner completes my centerpiece for the entry.


I added some flags to a potted rose plant to give the entry another little touch of Patriotic decor to complete the look.


Several of you guys have mentioned that our home is taking on a simpler look and you are right.   H and I have been doing some serious purging.....sending stuff to the auction and donating  stuff as well.   I love going to yard sales,   but I hate hosting them so those are the only options that seem to work for me.    
We made some changes in the formal dining are recently and I hope to share them with you soon. 


It's cloudy and windy today in Eastern New Mexico,   so H took the big ferns out of the yard and put them on the protected part of the porch so I wouldn't have to chase them down the street.....lol!

I always enjoy your visits so much.....Please come back again real soon!

 

4 comments:

  1. Great collection of baseballs, they really say summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    Love the centerpiece and your use of the Coca Cola tray and baseballs.... So charming..Your entry way looks great.... I have slowly been purging a bit over the last few years, donating things and passing some on to my nieces... But our home still does not have a simpler look!! LOL!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, thank you so much for your sweet comments recently! Now that I AM simplifying things maybe I will have more time to go visiting.....I'll stop by soon and look around your blog a bit.....hugs....

      Delete
  3. Penny,
    I love this centerpiece with the coco cola crate and baseballs. So creative. Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. I hope you stop by.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2021/07/thursday-favorite-things-party.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!