Blog Archive

Monday, August 16, 2021

Getting my Fall Floral Designs ready to Kick off the Season



I've been busy getting my fall floral designs ready to kick off the season.    They are patiently waitng in the studio to be brought into the house and put on the porch when it gets a little closer to the beginning of fall.


I have about 6 designs ready and waiting.    I know it looks like a lot of fall floral designs sitting here in the studio,   but when I spread them out around the house and on the porch I'm not sure I've made enough...lol! 


H put this unique floral continer together for me.     I plan to use it all year long but it's making its debut this fall.     He screwed a top to a pedestal that I've had on hand ......then he screwed the basket on to that.  I should have taken a pic of the basket before it was filled....but you know me...always in a hurry.  It's a large basket with a handle across the top......screen on each side.....and it just happened to be just the right size for a bale of straw to fit snuggly inside it.     Hobby Lobby has several sizes of straw available as does Walmart and Michaels.     I love to use these bales instead of floral foam if possible.  


Then it was my turn to have fun filling the basket with all kinds of fall flowers and foliage       


I used odds and ends that were left over from other projects 



This design was easy,   I just added fall sunflowers to an existing bouquet.   I frequently do that as it's quick and doesn't take much time. 

I used vintage ice cream freezers as the contains for these two designs.



The last one I have to share with you guys is a simple one as well.....


It took just a short time to add fall flowers,  leaves,   and pumpkins to an existing design.

 


I wanted to share a few more changes that have been made in the studio.    We relocated the cabinet that was next to the lockers to the wall that the big picture was on.  By moving the cabinet and taking down the umbrella it gave us room to push the lockers in closer to the wall....giving a larger opening into the kitchen part of the studio.   You can now see the refrigerators thru the opening.    I plan to share that area with you in an upcoming post,   so stay tuned! 


In the after pic,   you can see that we moved the fire engine to another location....the kitchen where I might need it to put out a cooking fire....lol!     H took the box of flowers off the drawered storage unit.   That gave me room to hang a lamp that has been in storage and also display some of my patriot decor on it.    The reason I wanted my patriot decor in that corner is because the lockers with the Flower Bar sign on them contain the rest of my patriotic decor.

Now everything will all be in the same area.


When we moved the tree further back in the room it uncovered the pretty chandy that was hanging in it.    Here's a link to that post if you want to get all the details.......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/08/getting-studio-ready-for-busy-fall.html

\

The childs wicker chair that is new to the studio got a make over the other day when H was painting some other pieces.      It isn't new,   just has been hidden in storage for a while.    When I came across it the other day I thought about sending it to the auction......


I'm so glad that I kept it!



8 comments:

  1. Wow the studio is amazing. You have so much room to create. Its really a wonderful space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...you move stuff around as much as I do!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your soft yellows and pinks...like faded flowers. It's so green here---Fall may be a while yet. But, never hurts to get a jump on things, I have to find a path to Fall in my work room, and get going to. Hugs, lovely and can't wait to see what else you will come up with! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't begin to think about Fall decor when the temps are still triple digit. I must smell the wood smoke in the air and see the fall foliage, hear the geese flying south. You are lucky to have such wonderful spaces to store and work with your materials. (also such a willing helper) Count your blessings and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous arrangments and wonder work area. Very envious. I feel my blood pressure go down every time I read one of your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great space! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely ready to go when it comes time to decorate for Fall...I am itching to start but I will wait until after Labor Day....Your studio is just amazing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!