Blog Archive

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Suble Changes, Big Changes, and a Sunflower Tree in the Master Bedroom


2021 will be remembered as the year we made lots of changes around here.....tons of long time needed purging,  cleaning,   and organizing has gone on since the begining of the year.    

I'll begin my post with a few of the suble changes that we've made in August and end with some of the big ones! 



When I was culling some of my wall art,   I came across this piece and thought I would give it a second life as window art over the bed.    It was gold and I thought it would be prettier and a better fit for my decorating preferances if it were painted white    


A not so suble change is the sunflower tree I created for this corner of the bedroom. 
 There used to be a chair there,   but I moved it to the other side of the fireplace and did not want to put another chair in it's place.     I may put a lovely faux plant there when I take down the sunflower tree.....or maybe replace it with a Christmas tree....who knows!





I had a big floral design on the mantel before....and with that big tree in the room now.....it needed to go...lol!


A sweet farm picture is the focal point for the fireplace now.     I love the old truck filled with flowers and a white barn in the back ground....it's a new picture I recently found at Hobby Lobby and it was 50% off of course.


There are more details about the different chair on this side of the fireplace further down in my post,   but for now I just wanted to share the new vigette I have on the vintage radio.


While cleaning out one of my closets,   I found lots of old clocks scattered around in different places!   I put them all together and created a Wake Up Buttercup vignette on the top of the radio.    (The old radio belonged to my mother and it still works!)


I had a doll house on top of the chesser before.....here's a link to a post that shows it and lots of photo's of how the bedroom looked back in June.
 http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/06/summer-bedroom.html


Here's the new vignette I created for the top of the chesser.

Now for a look at some of the bigger changes!


The big iron bed that has been in here for a long time relocated into a spare bedroom.   I will probably never get rid of my black iron bed,   but I was ready for a change.    Here's a link to the post that shares the iron bed in it's new location...... 
http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/07/clean-out-under-that-bed.html


In the before pic,   you can see how the bed looked before H removed the 4 posters.     I loved the 4 poster bed,   but it was too large for any of our bedrooms.    It just over powered the room!   And of course,   I love it much better painted white.    


The before chair was so heavy and bulky it took both of us to move it when I needed to get into the spare closet in the bedroom.    Now I can get in there without having to move anything!


So there you have it....some suble changes,   some big changes,   and a sunflower tree!   Thanks for stopping by....hugs...



















 

15 comments:

  1. love all the changes personally
    I love all your décor that picture over the fire place its my upmost favorite thank you for sharing .my favorite part of my day sipping coffee and checking out your new creations Hugs Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new look! plus, the sunflower tree is just fabulous! Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very nice changes, so open and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sunflower tree! So many wonderful refreshes taking place in your house this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love your sunflower tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I was wondering about the things you send to
    the auction. Do you sell everything you send? What do you do
    with the things that don't sell?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't put a reserve on anything....so everything sells. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your changes...it's fun to change or update our spaces from time to time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing your changes. I generally liked the "befores" but liked the "afters" even better! Your vignettes make me smile. I love how you said "Of course" when you bought something at Hobby Lobby. Is there another way other than at least 50% off?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks gorgeous, Penny! You've done an amazing job. I just love the sunflower tree! Thank you for sharing and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party Community. I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new look, Penny. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sunflower tree is so pretty! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing at Funtatsic Friday. I'm in love with your design eye. Every piece , even "Wake up Buttercup" is perfectly arranged and darling. Oh and completely gaga for the truck pic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny,
    WOW! You have been on a roll changing things around!!!
    Everything looks fresh and new...Kudos on all your hard work!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!