Blog Archive

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Christmas Yard.... the Difference in Night & Day


The back yard is pretty during the day.....but it turns into a magical wonderland at night!    As the old saying goes...it's as different as night & day.


Here in Eastern New Mexico,   we normally see the sun every day.....but not today!    It's been cloudy and dreary all day.    Christmas is drawing near and I knew if I didn't get some photo's of the back yard pretty quick....Christmas would be over.


Even though the sun wasn't shining,   I kept taking pic's in the hopes that they would turn out better than I was expecting them to.


I was perked up a little by the colorful blanket I have on the settee.....and the rose pillows brought a smile to my face.....


The sweet dog driving a blue pickup made me chuckle.....


My Pioneer Woman blanket is so soft & cozy that I couldn't resist wrapping up in in for a while and relaxing on the settee.


I snapped a few more pics as the sun was going down.....


This little sweetie has been following me around all afternoon....


As the sun was setting,  the lights all came on in the backyard!    It was no longer dreary.....it turned in to a winter wonderland in the blink of an eye! 

  As I took a photo of the Sanctuary and Studio,   it brought back memories of how it all looked back in the summer,,,,,,


I took this photo of the Sanctuary back in the spring.....who's ready for spring besides me?


As the old saying goes....it's as different as night and day!


The yard looks very different in the summer.....but I love it no matter what the season.


All is Calm.....all is bright.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!











 






7 comments:

  1. It does look entirely different and magical at night with all of the white lights!! Merry Christmas, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look magical in the evening with all the lights on. What a beautiful yard-- anytime of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a warm, blessed Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely.....Merry Christmas to you and yours🎁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so pretty Penny. If I don't get back I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!