Blog Archive

Monday, December 13, 2021

The Versatile Noodle Board


Just what is a noodle board?    Don't worry,   I had to Google it to see what it was when I first heard of one too....lol!      A Noodle Board is a simple piece of kitchen equipment.    It can be used as a decorative piece to cover your stove top when not in use......or it can be used to give you extra counter space as well.


H made my Noodle Board using a empty picture frame.  The frame completely covers the burners as well as the knobs to turn them on.    so when it's on the stove there is no chance of the burners getting turned on by accident.    We debated on painting the wood that he nailed on top of the picture frame,   but opted to cover it with fabric instead.    The other day,   we were putting new fabric on and I got to thinking.....could I use my Noodle Board for anything else but a stove cover?


As I was looking it over,    I thought to myself....this is nothing more than a tray!    So,   I decided I would give it an audition as a tray to create a Christmas vignette on.


I decided to use my metal barns to create a Christmas village on my Noodle Board / Tray.     I printed off a few Christmas buildings from the November Handmade Club Kit that KerryAnne's created for us.....here's a link to her November kit.....https://www.shabbyartboutique.com/2021/11/the-handmade-club-november-kit.html


I used magnetic tape to attach a Facade to each building.     The first barn is now a Bakery.....


The next building is now a Workshop.....


And the last barn is a Church.....


Since I have my design on the coffee table,  it is visible from all sides.



Let me know in a comment if you have an idea to repurpose a Noodle Board.....would love to know if you have any.

Here is the new fabric that we put on the Noodle Board.    I love the red pick ups filled with flowers don't you?   I found it at Hobby Lobby in the Valentine fabric,  but I think it can be used year round


 
Thank you so much for stopping by....come back soon!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!






 

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of a noodle board. Do you know why they are called that ?

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!