Blog Archive

Monday, April 25, 2022

White Enamel Planter & a Spring Chicken in my After Easter Kitchen


 The Easter decor that I had in the kitchen has been put away,  so now what?    Since it's still spring,   I decided to go with that but with a less cluttered look than I had in the kitchen for Easter.   It's hard not to get carried away when decorating with all those sweet bunnies at Easter!



I found this white enamel planter at Tractor Supply over the week end and knew it would be a perfect fit to sit in front of the window in the kitchen. 


I had a pretty big display of bunnies in a truck on the pass thru for Easter and went with a simple hanging metal basket this time.     If you would like another look at all the bunnies in the pass thru here's a link to that post.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2022/03/sweet-pink-truck-easter-centerpiece.html#more


`When I put away the Easter decor in the kitchen's corner cabinet,   I went back with a simple display of cutting boards.      I also cleaned the little display cabinet out that's next to the pass thru and decorated it with some of the china pieces I found at a recent yard sale   I filled in around them with some pink milk glass pieces from my ever growing collection.


My spring chicken that I've had so long found a new place to lay her eggs in the hanging metal basket. 


You've seen her many times over the years in my spring decor.....I just love her!


 I have created a tour around the kitchen to share the new 'After Easter" vignettes on the counter.   But first,   I want you to see how the new planter looks in the window....... 


And this is how it looked at Easter.....I miss that bunny and duck!


The tour will start on the counter next to the window and continue around the kitchen.....


I replaced my Easter vignettes with some simpler less cluttered ones.....well,  they are as simple as I can get!







I changed out the pink piano stools up to the snack bar a few months ago.    I replaced then with some white ones that have a back on them.   Why?   you ask!    Well,   I have several grands that are getting too big for a high chair and they like to sit in piano stools now.    I have the seats raised up so they can sit at the bar or we can take them into the dining room and put them up to the table.    The bigger grands still use the pink ones without a back on them.   Our family will be adding a new grand in September....a little boy.    That will make us 4 boys and 2 girls.

How does your week look?    We have plans to work / play in the yard every day.....hugs

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely....I love your pared down look, giving the eyes a chance to focus on your unique pieces. Love the piano stool chairs, great idea! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new planter and it looks perfect by the window!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing, Penny!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!